We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilisites Restaurant pretty ordinary !

Which Sigatoka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Qld. Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vilisites Restaurant pretty ordinary !

Visited Vilisite's restaurant near Korolevu whilst staying on Coral Coast recently to sample locally owned fare. We found it pretty average and wouldnt recommend the food, but the view is great. Lobster (about $48) was dry and dressing had little taste, and served up with an inedible coleslaw. Sweet and sour chicken was bloody awful. Im no gastronomic snob and can survive on baked beans and toast, but Lonely Planet Fijisaid this place was the "nicest restaurant in the area outside of the flashy resorts". Also, the owner gave us a lift there from Hideaway where we were staying, then added nearly $30 to the bill for the lift.

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilisites Restaurant pretty ordinary !

We have been to Vilisite's several times before and hae enjoyed some of the food. The local food such as chop suey and fish has been nice but the prawns average. I think it is a bit hit and miss but it is a nice change from eating at the resort the whole holiday.

We had lunch once at Vilisite's in Sigatoka town that was quite enjoyable. sure it's not high class food but it was a great place to have a cold drink and a bite to eat after shopping in town.

Qld. Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilisites Restaurant pretty ordinary !

ok Thanks. Might try it again next time. It is good to try local fare on travels, so will put it down to experience. Cheers.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilisites Restaurant pretty ordinary !

Sounds like the owner took advantage of you...

I go to Fiji ALOT and stay close to Korolevu and I cant believe the owner charged to give you a lift to their resaurant?? thats not normal practice.... thats taking advantage of westerners... my pet hate...

There is a new little cafe that has opened literally 2 mins from Vilisites, at Votua Village. A local couple (husband fijian, wife Italian) has opened a cafe called "Eco Cafe". They serve up Italian style coffee and have a mixture of Italian and fijian food. You do need to book and they will even do a tradtional Fijian lovo if requested.

They have a lovely styled cafe that had a deck that comes out over the water and hold stunning views, the cafe has been tastefully decorated with bamboo and they have made it look like a tree house over the water. Quite cute.

Next time you are in the area,, try them,,

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilisites Restaurant pretty ordinary !

Sounds like the owner took advantage of you...

I go to Fiji ALOT and stay close to Korolevu and I cant believe the owner charged to give you a lift to their resaurant?? thats not normal practice.... thats taking advantage of westerners... my pet hate...

There is a new little cafe that has opened literally 2 mins from Vilisites, at Votua Village. A local couple (husband fijian, wife Italian) has opened a cafe called "Eco Cafe". They serve up Italian style coffee and have a mixture of Italian and fijian food. You do need to book and they will even do a tradtional Fijian lovo if requested.

They have a lovely styled cafe that had a deck that comes out over the water and hold stunning views, the cafe has been tastefully decorated with bamboo and they have made it look like a tree house over the water. Quite cute.

Next time you are in the area,, try them,,

England
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilisites Restaurant pretty ordinary !

We visited the Eco cafe too, passing by late morning for a coffee (very good) and booking a meal for the evening - a lovo one, which was delicious and very good value. The owners are very good company, too, and I hope they are still operating when we next visit!

Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vilisites Restaurant pretty ordinary !

Hi there! We've just recently returned from the Coral Coast and I really loved Vilisities. We had the fish and chips, chop suey and fried rice and it was always good. I haven't met the owner, but the staff are really friendly. And we went down the road to the Eco Cafe; what an awesome experience! Lots of bamboo decoration and furntiure, the owners are sooo friendly and it has a very inviting atmosphere. I'd recommend both these places. Good prices, staff and food:)

Edited: 15 March 2010, 09:33
7. Re: Vilisites Restaurant pretty ordinary !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2010, 07:19