We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Waterfall Tour Coral Coast Fiji

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Waterfall Tour Coral Coast Fiji

Hi Everyone,

Recently did a great waterfall tour that was alot cheaper than advertised tours on the net, wanted to share my little find.

My friend and I recently stayed on the coral coast and wanted to see some nature and a waterfall. We knew about the adventures in Paradise tour thanks to other forums and the net but it was out of our price range. We asked some of the staff and the tour desk what was on offer, and that told us that there was a waterfall nearby that we could visit for only $10

We had hired a car already for the day so we went off to find this village and surprisingly it was easy to find.

Here is what we experienced.

We had to drive to Korolevu, mid coral coast in between The Warwick (where we stayed) and the Naviti resort,, it was literally a 5 min drive from where we were, or approximately 15 - 20 from sigatoka . At Korolevu there is a dirt road heading inland, on one side there is a small line of dingy shop and the other side a BP service station. Head inland for around 3 - 4 kilometres, the road is dirt and you will need to dodge a hole or two but you definately dont need a 4 wheel drive.

At the end of the road is Biausevu Village, once you cross the little cement bridge, turn left and park at the large community hall in front. The village is prepared for tourists and someone will greet you.

You only have to pay $10 per person to visit the waterfall. There are guides who can walk you up but we choose to take a horse each, only $25 for each of us and we got a great horse with saddles and the owner was a lovely guy who walked beside the horses and took us up to the waterfall. So for only $35 each we got our waterfall tour. To my absolute surprise when we return we saw the tour buses. This is the same waterfall that you pay $99 per person to see but you have to walk up.

Now the walk is long, but very pretty going through the jungle, (its easy and flat), around 35 mins and you have to get INTO the stream 9 times and dodge rocks - some are sharp, so make sure you bring the right shoes. Some ladies had thongs and sandles, good luck with that!!!. The best thing we did was take the horses as it gave us the chance to relax and take photos on our way up and back and not have to walk all that way.

The land owner is also the same guy who does the horses, he was a lovely guy who told us alittle about his village and his family etc. He also does waterfall lovos - genuine fijian food cooked in a earth oven but we didnt have time to stay. Next visit we are going back so he can cook us a real fijian lovo. Cant remember what the prices were but I remember it wasnt expensive, maybe $25 per person but you will have to check it out

We had already hired a car but if you are on the coral coast the taxi will take you there. From the Warwich they quoted us $15 each way but we didnt need it.

The waterfall is spectacular, the horse riding was fun. Swimming in the waterfall pool was neat, the casual horse ride back to the village through the rainforest was really something special.

Go for it, we did and we love it and it didnt cost us much at all.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
101. Re: Cheap Waterfall Tour Coral Coast Fiji

People reading this thread should probably be made aware that the original poster is the sister in law of the land owner encompassing the falls and the village being put forward here.

Perhaps this thread should be removed given these circumstances.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
102. Re: Cheap Waterfall Tour Coral Coast Fiji

Unfortunately, I have to agree / confirm with Dianz's advice re Boro's Waterfall Tour from personal contact with the owner when they first started "their adventure".

Shame, I too thought they were genuine.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
103. Re: Cheap Waterfall Tour Coral Coast Fiji

agree ^^^^

Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka
Recent Conversations