We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Transfer from Nadi to Outrigger on Coral Coast

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
34 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Private Transfer from Nadi to Outrigger on Coral Coast

Hi,

I have looked up on the internet for private aircon transfers from Nadi to Outrigger, but websites don't have contact or email addresses?? Does anyone have a reliable co. I can contact either via email or phone.

I have tried twice to contact Outrigger via their email, but no-one has gotten back to me and its been weeks now. Hopefully that is not a sign that they are going to be like that when we get there...no service!!

I have read on other forums that a taxi is great to get from Nadi to Outrigger, costing around $100FJD, but as we have two kiddies under 6yrs, I would rather an aircon private transfer, as I've heard that the taxi's aren't with aircon & that the coaches take close to 3hours to get to Outrigger.

I could probably go to a travel agent, but rather deal with it myself.

Does anyone have experience with this? Or any recommendations?

Your help is appreciated x

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Transfer from Nadi to Outrigger on Coral Coast

Taxi would definitely be your cheapest option for private transfers.

You can always approach each driver at the airport and ask if they have GOOD A/C in their vehicle.

You will more than likely find the resort will send one of their vehicles or even a taxi that is based at the resort anyway....and they will charge the fair cost to the resort who then add their costs on to you...

Otherwise have you tried ringing the resort direct? Usually the resorts get back to you within a day or 2 of emailing. Perhaps the addy you are using is no longer valid?

Good luck!

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
34 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Transfer from Nadi to Outrigger on Coral Coast

Thanks so much for that info. Sounds like my best bet may be just hopping out of the airport, straight to the taxi rank....and questioning/bargaining with the drivers!!

I also have read elsewhere that people from the Outrigger have ordered private transfers with the Resort, to be only stranded at Airport & grabbing a taxi anyway. So it seems definitely we should be grabbing a taxi.

Thanks.....M

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Transfer from Nadi to Outrigger on Coral Coast

no worries :) You should be able to get some prices at the airport info counter too on what you would be expected to pay for fares.

Actually I think there is a post on here a few down from yours about taxi fares that has the prices listed :)

Maree:)

Edited: 23 August 2010, 02:29
Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Transfer from Nadi to Outrigger on Coral Coast

found it for you:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k3296…

Maree:)

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
34 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Transfer from Nadi to Outrigger on Coral Coast

Thats great, thanks so much for that!!

Port Douglas
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Transfer from Nadi to Outrigger on Coral Coast

It probably wouldn't hurt to just give the Outrigger a call and find out how much they charge for a private transfer...also if you have any really little people they can organise a baby seat for you, which you obviously won't get with a taxi. I'm staying at the Warwick in November and it is F$150 each way and they then make sure the vehicle has the baby seat...the Warwick is further up the coast from Outrigger, so it should be cheaper for you.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
94 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Transfer from Nadi to Outrigger on Coral Coast

We went to outrigger in July and just asked taxi driver for a price. 90 was the rate for a taxi without air con and I think 120 with air con. We just wound the windows down and enjoyed the ride. Be warned it is a bit of a drive and somewhat long with kids. Just FYI every other year we've done private transfers and every time requested a car seat and never got one - each time I refused to go without one and they always went and found one but took time!!!

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
34 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Transfer from Nadi to Outrigger on Coral Coast

Thanks for you info....I was wondering if they provided babyseats, as my little boy will be almost 3, but my daughter is 6. I have read that its a long drive, around 1hour to get to Outrigger, but it will be in the arvo, so hoping its a nice scenic drive?!!

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
94 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Transfer from Nadi to Outrigger on Coral Coast

It's quite a nice drive if you've never done it - but it takes ages - longer than 60 minutes even though that's what they always say!!! And some of the driving can be shocking - they'll overtake when there are cars there etc and it can be a tad scary! Our kids 5 and 8 were over it by the time we got there and so was i!!!

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
34 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Transfer from Nadi to Outrigger on Coral Coast

Oh no.....we will be holding on for dear life!!!! Maybe I will stipulate to the driver to take it easy, and give him a tip if so!! Not looking forward to that drive, especially as my kids will want to be there as soon as we step off the plane!! Although they are normally well behaved, long trips get the better of all of us!! But we are so looking forward to going on our first FIJI trip & looking forward to their culture & cuisine.

thanks so much for all the info.

Maria

Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka