We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Resort v Warwick Resort Viti Levu

Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Outrigger Resort v Warwick Resort Viti Levu

I was wanting some advice as to which of these 2 resorts to stay at for an couple aged 30-40yrs no kids after a completely relaxing and indulgent holiday. Also how far from the airport are both of these resorts? Any suggestions for great rooms that people have stayed in in either place?

Level Contributor
34 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger Resort v Warwick Resort Viti Levu

I haven't stayed at either resort, but we are going to the Outrigger in 3 weeks.

The Outrigger is approx 1hr cab/private car ride from the Airport....more if you catch a shuttle (cab/private car costs approx $90).

Also we have been told its a fanstastic resort for kids, as they cater alot for the kidddies. So if you are a couple seeking less kids around, then maybe Outrigger is not the resort to stay at.

Some of the "couple" tripadvisors reviews don't recommend Outrigger due to too many kiddies at resort. - something to think about!!

I have friends that have stayed at the Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by HILTON & the Sheraton Resort. Both were couples seeking relaxation etc. And both absolutely loved their resorts, hardly any children running around, and they cater more for the Adults - both have great restaurants & bars, water sports facilities etc. - worth looking these up on the Internet.

Hope I helped out a little.....I will be there in 3 weeks and then will know a little more!!!!

Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Resort v Warwick Resort Viti Levu

Have stayed at both resorts - some time ago. Outrigger before its extension and Warwick a few years ago. Enjoyed both but have read recently that both are overrun with kids because so many resorts now offer kids eat and sleep free. So going outside school holidays does not help.

Neither had brilliant swimming but it's the coral coast.

Out of left field, consider First Landing Resort not far from Nadi and close to Lautoka. A small resort, not many kids. Now I don't pretend it's perfect but have a look at my review. And, perhaps ignore some of the first time reviewers who say it is perfect.

If you think it could be a possibility look at their website. You'll just love their Royal suite (or beachfront) with private pool looking to the water. And their garden suites which also have private pool are great also. Good value for money if you can get a deal.

If you have any queries please ask, or feel free to PM me.

Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger Resort v Warwick Resort Viti Levu

I wouldn't suggest either of these resorts as they are very kid friendly. Most of the resorts along the Coral Coast and also the ones at Denarau are very much family resorts. Why don't you look at an island stay. If you want the beautiful beaches Fiji is known for you will need to headout to an island.

Mentioned in this post
Coral Coast
Coral Coast
Viti Levu, Fiji
South Pacific
Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger Resort v Warwick Resort Viti Levu

Yes agreed these resorts and the resorts you mentioned at Denarau are all very family friendly, with many children. Denarau is a reclaimed mangrove island - not really an island only separated by a small bridge.

Why don't you try one of the islands, much better beaches with crystal clear water. Have a look at Tororiki Island Resort, Likuliku (up market) Viwa Resort or Matamanoa Resort, (all adults only resorts) or Musket Cove (no children in the Beachfront Bures)

You could get to these resorts via boat transfer in around the same time it will take to get to the Coral Coast.

Or have a look at NZlilibets suggestion of First Landing Resort, but the beach is not all that good if that's what you want.

happy planning

Edited: 30 September 2010, 08:45
Mentioned in this post
Coral Coast
Coral Coast
Viti Levu, Fiji
Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outrigger Resort v Warwick Resort Viti Levu

I agree with the Warwick. Have stayed twice there (with kids) and it is definitely a family resort. Seems to be alot busier on weekends too. I would hazard a guess because alot of the specials out for the place are for 4 nights - so people book a long weekend.

What about Navini Resort - http://www.navinifiji.com.fj/ It gets great reviews by other travels here.

Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outrigger Resort v Warwick Resort Viti Levu

Hi BundabergSel,

We have just returned from 10 days at the outrigger, in QLD and NSW school holidays, and did not really notice the children, too much.

We are in our early 30's without children, and as we did some activities outside the resort and did not eat in the buffet, we hardly noticed the kids.

We stayed in a Bure which gave us a lot of privacy, and excluded us from children, as basically only adults stay in these.

Hope this helps

7. Re: Outrigger Resort v Warwick Resort Viti Levu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka
Recent Conversations