We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger package deal My Fiji

Which Sigatoka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Outrigger package deal My Fiji

Has anyonw done this and is it good value? Around $4K for 7 nights including return airpfair from Melbourne, transfers, breakfast and $1000 FJ room credit for use at the hotel. Can you tell me are the transfers quick to leave or do you wait for others and go as a group? Can you use the room credit to buy meals and still receive kids meal free. Wifr, myself and just turned 2 year old to go in June

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger package deal My Fiji

We did a Denarau trip (to the Sheraton) with them last year. I was suspicious of the deal and actually got on this forum & asked of it was some sort of timeshare rort.

Its not...

Everything went brilliantly. We had to hang around the airport for about 20 mins waiting for all the stragglers, but got to the resort easily in a nice air con. bus. Our package included a dinner cruise & they were there to pick us up right on time, & the cruise was everything it promised. We never had a problem with our room credit, it showed up on our account after 2 days.

They showed up early to take us back to the airport (no Fiji time with these people) and, although basic, the private departure lounge breakfast was just fine. I kept waiting for "the catch" but it never happened.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
34 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger package deal My Fiji

Hi,

I would be so interested to know how you go in June with this deal. I got a similar deal from them (MYFIJI) to go in August for 8 nights at Outrigger for just over $4k too, with FJD1000 credit (to go towards Spa, Drinks & Meals at resort). And it includes staying in a twin bed Ocean View Room with Talai Service etc. It will be our first time in FIJI.

My parents purchased a similar deal with them for Sheraton Denaru 10nights, including a 3night cruise & FJD800 credit as well. I know they loved the whole holiday and were given everything that was promised. They had no problems at all.

So I did purchase a package from them knowing of my parents experience. But I do wonder what other peoples experiences are with these packages that are purchased over the net.

Good luck, hope it all goes well. Let us know......and leave a review letting us know of your experience too.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger package deal My Fiji

Hi Mia1968,

No problems will do. We get back about 16th June so will let you know via this forum and then post a review. Not sure if you have requested it but we understand the lagoon wing is the best spot. Also looking at the upgrade to the limo transfer (you get a voucher via my Fiji) so will comment on that also. Any specific questions that interest you let me know before we go and I will note them. We are couple with 2 year old so not planning any tours just a resort holiday.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger package deal My Fiji

Hi Mia,

Just back and the whole thing was fantastic. will post a full review next week, specifically on th package it was as promised. We had the transfers - met as we cleared customs and taken virtually direct to resort (via one other) expect about 1 hour to clear customs and 1.5 hours once you are in the trnsfer van to get to the resort. It was well organised we checked straight, the room credit went on our room no problem. FYI we spent around 1800 FJD (so 800 extra over the 8 nights we ate all meals at resort, drinks - not heaps of alcohol etc.) The butler service was also great better then great actually. Our package had kids eat free and that just happened no problem. Must go any specific questions let me know.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
34 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outrigger package deal My Fiji

Hi,

Thanks so much for getting back to me with your experience!!

Sounds like it went smoothly.

You actually answered a question that has been on my mind ever since booking - that the transportation is in a van!! I was wondering if it was a private car or van. Was it just a 7-10 seater van, or more like a bus???

So obviously you didn't end up using the Limo - was there a reason??

Also just wondering with the Travel Agent (which is in QLD and we are NSW) - do you get tickets/vouchers by post, or is it all printable via email???

My kids are 3 & 7yrs - and it states they play, eat & stay free as well.

So did you end up staying in the Lagoon Wing???? Was it a great spot?? I really wanted to stay a little out of the way from the partygoers because I am a light sleeper. I was also hoping for a high floor, as I would love to wake up to a beautiful view!! Let me know what you recommend for us to request!

I have to say - WOW - that was excellent that you only spent an extra $800fjd ($450aud), I'm very impressed!!!!!

We are just looking at relaxing too, and not really travelling too much out of the resort either , other than seeing/visiting a village. Although my hubbie is very keen on doing a couple of fishing trips!!!

Did you use any of the laundry facilities???? If so do you recommend?? Or should I bring extra clothing??

Ok, thats all for now - if I think of anything else I will get back to you!!

THANKS SO MUCH

MIA

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outrigger package deal My Fiji

hello. I saw the latest deal with My Fiji and the Outrigger on Sunday. We went to the website, and actually chose a different place, only because we really didnt care if we had butler service. but the price is fantastic. the price quoted from was $1690 for 8nights. and the FJD1000, plus the breakfast already included.

We are doing the Hideaway for $1490, and that is the all inclusive meals as well, and the garden view bures, but the ocean view ones were $1590 each, so actually the outrigger is outstanding for only $100 extra thann the ocean view at Hideaway, at the Outrigger, you get butler service and the extra night, but not the meal package, however, the FJD 1000 is FJD500 more than I get , The dates were also far more restrictive at Outrigger deal another reason we chose Hideaway.

I found booking it a treat, and even though I rang and changed the dates never had a problem. So I think MY Fiji is a good place to book these trips.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
34 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outrigger package deal My Fiji

Hi springqueen,

Yep thats the deal we got with Outrigger!

Totally agree, our experience with booking through MYFIJI has so far been outstanding. We were able to approach the same travel rep each time we had questions etc.

Our tics, itinerarys, bag tags, fiji info, etc have been sent to us with no probs.

And SoutbankMelbourne contacted myself personally with their experience of this package....and all went smoothly & they really enjoyed themselves. There were no probs with transportation & the FJD1000 credit either.

We leave for Fiji in 12days, we are so looking forward to it, as we have had friends come back from there, and they raved about the resort & Fiji. We were supposed to travel there last year, but due to a medical emergency on my behalf our hols were cancelled.....so this is 'take 2' and hoping all goes well!!

Hope you enjoy your trip to Hideaway!!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,748 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outrigger package deal My Fiji

Doesn't sound that cheap to me.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outrigger package deal My Fiji

Springqueen & Mia,

You will probably be pleased by how much value the $1000 room credit turns out to be.

Double check with your accommodation, but I think you will find if you book any tours to your room, the room credit will count towards it.

Even if you dont do that, you are certainly covered for plenty of drinks & incidentals..

Our friends who dont drink a lot (hence didnt spend as much as we did) were told on their last day that they still had over $100 credit left & were actually encouraged to go to the gift shop & spend it.

I hope you both have great holidays!

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outrigger package deal My Fiji

thanks Anna, we also get discount vouchers for some of the tours, so well set up . I am determined to have a ball. cant wait now.

Leonie

Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka