We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Coast and Yasawa for Honeymoon

Which Sigatoka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Coral Coast and Yasawa for Honeymoon

We are a young couple from Canada. We don't need to be in a fancy resort to be happy and are planning to spend 4 nights at Octopus Resort in the Yasawa's and 4 nights somewhere on the Coral Cost.

We are beginner surfers and would like to stay in a nice bure on the beach near to some novice waves on the Coral Coast. We also want to try a river kayaking trip and check out some local cultural stuff. We were thinking about staying at the Mango Beach Resort and then renting a car to go surfing at Natadola or Sigatoka.

Any suggestions for novice surfers on the Coral Coast?

Renting surfboards?

Surfing lessons?

River tours?

Cave tours?

Coral Coast resorts?

Mango Beach Resort?

Has anyone stayed at Octopus resort in the Yasawa's?

Greatful for any info. Their are too many neat looking places to stay at and much too much to do!

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Coast and Yasawa for Honeymoon

Just read all the post on Octopus Island... so we are definately staying there and most likely @ Mango.

Would still really like to get some info on Surfing and renting surfboards/surf lesson on the Coral Coast.

Reading everyone's post was so wonderful. Thanks so much for posting your thoughts. I am feeling much more confident about my decisions!!

Cheers!

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Coast and Yasawa for Honeymoon

Later day traveller stayed at Octopus and loved it, I'm sure you will too. It's too bad your not experienced surfers as Taverua (beautiful little outer island) is a surfing mecca. I hate the coral coast but I think it's good for you in this instance. There are reefs offshore but there is surf on the Sigatoka sand dunes area. Other than that hopefully someone who is a surfer can add. Pub

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Coast and Yasawa for Honeymoon

I'm not so sure I will like the coral coast either! Pub: If you HAD TO stay somewhere on the coral coast where would you stay?

Maybe I should stay on beqa island instead? Is there anywhere else you would like to stay on the mainland that has a nice beach and clean bures? Daniel and I aren't really into huge crowds and club med stuff.

Thanks again for the info.

London
Level Contributor
270 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Coast and Yasawa for Honeymoon

As well as Octopus, go to Oarsman's Bay just a little further up the Yasawas, amazing beach, great staff, on the blue lagoon. They do a visit to an underwater cave.

Steer clear of the Coral Coast. Surf in California instead !

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Coast and Yasawa for Honeymoon

Thanks so much for the info. We have changed are itineray to look like this

4 nights at octopus

2 nights at beachcomber (we are in are 20's)

2 nights at Rainforest Lodge (so we can go on a river trip and check out suva)

thanks again!

PortLudlow
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Coast and Yasawa for Honeymoon

Be sure to go to Colo-i-Suva Park. The park is up the street about 1/2 mi from Raintree Lodge. The rainforest there is awesome and lush. There's a rope swing in the lower pool that is really cool. You swing out drop right into a pool about 20 feet below.

Fiji Museum is wonderful in downtown Suva.

It has a collection of carved wooden bowls, brain pickers, and cannibal forks. The museum also has the rudder from the HMS Bounty. It was amazing to stand in front of it and think of the thousands of sea miles that rudder had logged.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Coast and Yasawa for Honeymoon

Saltsspring, the one time I stayed in that area it was at a small hotel called the Crow's Nest. Loved the rooms hated the area. Beaches are awful as is the water. I guess the Warwick or the Fijian gets the best ink.

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral Coast and Yasawa for Honeymoon

we will definately check them out! Thanks

Clea

Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka