We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any local shop around Natadola?

Auckland, New...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any local shop around Natadola?

Is there a local shop at Natadola beach for things like crisps/beer/soft drinks? If not, how far is the closest one?

Thanks.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,824 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any local shop around Natadola?

I don't think you'll find anything close.

When we stayed at the Intercontinental the hotel had a small shop which sold a variety of things, including wine, that were cheaper than you could buy in the resort itself. But I doubt it was completely independent.

One of the small resorts next door (sorry can't remember the name) had a small cafe and I noticed a cooler display inside containing soft drinks etc. I assumed they could be bought to takeaway, but I didn't try.

The area is pretty isolated.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
301 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any local shop around Natadola?

There is nothing for miles. There is a little local General Store out on the Queens Hwy, just near where you turn in, but I would suggest the nearest shop of any decency would be in Sigatoka. Surely the IC would run a shuttle bus in there, but off memory it would be a good 40min run. Everything at the IC is grossly expensive (in Fijian terms) and I don't know why anyone would want to go there, unless you're a serious golfer. They wax on about the beautiful white beach, which is nice to look at, but very dangerous to swim at. There is no reef to protect the beach from the currents. Stick to the pool and book some day trips.

cazmonty
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any local shop around Natadola?

The nearest supermarket from the IC is a fair drive away. A taxi will take you there from the resort and from memory they charged $10-$20 each way. I would suggest you purchase snacks/ alcohol when you land in Nadi.

Caz

4. Re: Any local shop around Natadola?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka