We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Sigatoka

Which Sigatoka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle OZ
Level Contributor
132 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from Sigatoka

Here are a few pointers that may help some people

My wife and I are in our late 40's and we travelled alone

We got a private car transfer from Nadi with TTF Coral Sun booked through their website and paid for, cost to the Coral Coast was $110 FJ return very happy on time both ways.

If you need to stop to get say beers or a few grocery items make sure you stop in Sigatoka town as those other places you pass are expensive, Fiji beer carton of 24 stubbies is between $45 - $50FJ at the supermarkets.

Most expensive product I found was Sunscreen approx $25FJ for a small tube make sure you bring your own.

We only did one Day/Evening tour and that was to the Robinson Crusoe Island $199FJ approx 25 mins by coach to a river then 25 mins by boat to the small island, it was fantastic the crew were very entertaining from Snorkelling out on the coral, then coconut tree climbing which has to be seen, fresh coconut eating, a jungle tour, a great lunch, more entertainment, free time, volleyball and a great lovo dinner, no one goes hungry, the evening entertainment was the best I have ever seen from great dancing to fire breathing and knife dancing, I would highly recommend to anyone well worth every dollar no one was disappointed a great fun day/night.

We really enjoyed the shopping in Sigatoka from souvenir shops to a few great duty free shops selling the top brands. They also have a "Prouds" here where my wife bought some "Pandora" charms which were about 30% cheaper than Oz.

Also if you go to the larger outlets and spend over $500FJ in the time you are there, (it does not need to be from the same retailer or on the same day), you can claim the GST/VAT back at the airport but you must make sure you ask for the form to be filled in, I spent $534FJ and got back about $75FJ dollars back at the airport.

We ate at only 2 places in Sigatoka one was the Outback Cafe, it was nice but the prices were for Tourists not cheap but not too overpriced and the food we had was really good, but my favourite place was called "Shiva's Fastfood Takeaway but it is a sit down cafe where all the locals go, we did not order the food which was already cooked but ordered fresh from the board, I had boneless chicken Curry and at $8FJ with boiled rice it was one of the most tastiest currys I have ever had it was perfect, my wife had chicken chopsuey and that too was great and a good serving as well, I would highly recommend this place just walk around the outside of the fruit market and you will see it.

Taxis from our resort which is about 5-6kms away charge between $6FJ-$9FJ each way but we caught the local bus just down the road and it was $1FJ and I enjoyed talking to the locals, I wont get into talking about the locals as we all know they are the most friendly people you will ever meet. We went for a short walk to the Eco Park just close to the Outrigger resort, it was a good to go and spend an hour or two you can hand feed the sea turtles and hold some of the lizards the kids would love it.

Do I have any negatives, no I dont, Sigatoka and the places we visited were great, we really enjoyed the places we visited. If anything the only things I avoided was anything cooked with lamb as I found it not good quality because it has to be imported from NZ so it would be frozen, The only toilet I would use in Sigatoka town would be at the Fiji Market/Tappoo store and I dont mean the fruit market

1. Re: Just returned from Sigatoka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2013, 09:20
Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka