We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay with a 2 year old on the coral coast?

Hi, I am hoping to travel to the coral coast for7 nights with my husband and 2 year old but am not sure where to stay. I've looked at the outrigger but am concerned with the number of reviews where people say they have got sick from the food at the outrigger. I really don't want my son to get sick! We would like somewhere with a big lagoon pool and a good nanny service. Would the shangri la be better? Any suggestions gratefully received.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay with a 2 year old on the coral coast?

Many of my friends take their kids to ShangriLa and LOVE it. If your really want the big lagoon pool - your options are these 2 or Naviti or Warwick.

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay with a 2 year old on the coral coast?

We stayed at the Hideaway in March with our 2 and 4 year old. They loved it. It's only a small resort (3 star) but it's good value for money. We used the baby sitting service and were very happy. There is only one pool and one restaurant, however the food was great and the beach is lovely and you can swim out the front of the resort. The Hideaway is only small though...if you prefer a larger resort maybe the naviti, warwick or shangrila.

Sydney Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay with a 2 year old on the coral coast?

We stayed at the Outrigger last year with our 2.5 year old and a 6 month old baby and it was great! I am amazed that people have not been happy with the food - our kids ate from the adult buffet every night except one so did not survivie on chips for the whole week as I'd feared. We loved the food and the selection was huge! The staff are amazingly friendly and the whole place is super-safe - we went to the rugby on the Saturday (the hotel is the sponsor of the local state team) and my toddler wandered off and got picked up by one of the staff from the hotel who was off duty but recognised him as an Outrigger Baby! He cam eback on this guys shoudlers and thought he was the bees knees. Seriously we could not have been happier with the place. The manager of the Outrigger is an Aussie - if you are concerned by what you've read then email him and see what he says about the food poisoning or whatever it was.

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay with a 2 year old on the coral coast?

Thanks very much - thats really helpful information everyone! I really appreciate your help!

5. Re: Where to stay with a 2 year old on the coral coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 08:15
Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka