We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hideaway resort Fiji surfing and all inclusive??

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Hideaway resort Fiji surfing and all inclusive??

Hi all,

We are heading to hideaway in July for six nights. My partner would like to go surfing at frigates or cloudbreak. Does anyone know if they can arrange these tours?i know there is surfing out the front of the resort but only on high tide. Also the all inclusive meal plan. Is it worth it for us? We already have buffet breaky and usually after a huge breaky we won't eat until dinner. I like the look of the al a carte menu better too and want cocktails which the all inclusive doesn't include. Thinking we might just buy some spirits duty free and eat a huge breaky and then dinner. I can't see us eating 2 course lunch and a 3 course dinner! Anyone know how much the cocktails and local beers are? And if we don't want al a carte can we order from the daily all inclusive menu?

Also can we get to the ziplinng and whitewater rafting in the jungle from here?it's in pacific harbour?maybe the bus goes there?happy to rough it!

any help would be great!

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Hideaway resort Fiji surfing and all inclusive??

You can surf at all tides except for 1hour before low , 1 hour of low and then , 1 hour into the rise, you can surf again ! And all tours can be arranged at concierge desk . U can also surf Sigatoka river mouth , we used to go ther for low tide sessions ! Knee high , split peaks that go on forever ! Great fun , but a bit sharky !!

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Hideaway resort Fiji surfing and all inclusive??

You can surf at all tides except for 1hour before low , 1 hour of low and then , 1 hour into the rise, you can surf again ! And all tours can be arranged at concierge desk . U can also surf Sigatoka river mouth , we used to go ther for low tide sessions ! Knee high , split peaks that go on forever ! Great fun , but a bit sharky !!

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Hideaway resort Fiji surfing and all inclusive??

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hideaway resort Fiji surfing and all inclusive??

Hi, I'll be going there shortly and decided not to have the all inclusive. Bfast is included in our rate, so we dont want 2 courses for lunch and a 3 course dinner. You can order from any menu.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hideaway resort Fiji surfing and all inclusive??

Hi, I'll be going there shortly and decided not to have the all inclusive. Bfast is included in our rate, so we dont want 2 courses for lunch and a 3 course dinner. You can order from any menu.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hideaway resort Fiji surfing and all inclusive??

I just realised you posted in May so you've had your trip!

Ilha Comprida, SP
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hideaway resort Fiji surfing and all inclusive??

Call Isao, at Beach Cocomo ,,679-979-6228....he will guide you to Coudbreak, Restaurants....etc...! He is the appointed coach to the Fifian National Surfing Team and FSA judge ! .."""the"""" person to contact with any enquiry about surfing ! Enjoy !

18. Re: Hideaway resort Fiji surfing and all inclusive??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 08:15
Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka