We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sigatoka in June

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sigatoka in June

Aloha! I'm thinking about heading to Fiji at the beginning of June. Me and my family want to surf, kayak, hike and snorkel. I am thinking about staying at Sigatoka town as our home base for Viti Levu. Is this a good place to stay for the main island this time a year? We are also thinking about spending time in the Mamanucas and Yasawas.

Any suggestions for good towns are appreciated

We won't rent a car so we will be taking taxis and buses.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sigatoka in June

We have just stayed at the Hideaway resort, very reasonable prices for accomm, we booked via expedia and Hotels. Com....there's a surf break just out from the resort that I seen a few surfers go out to, they also have a dive shop where they'll take you to some surf breaks by boat.

Essendon
Level Contributor
25 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sigatoka in June

Hi there,

The below is an extract from the Welcome Pack for our booked accomm (Totoka Kalou) which isn't far from the Hideaway. We're also going in June - might see you there. Cheers PaulG

"Surfing is great for experienced boarders out from The Hideaway (reef break). The best family surfing (beach break) is out from The Intercontinental Resort (phone 673 3300) which is about 40 minutes drive towards Nadi. There is a gorgeous white sand beach with horse riding, snorkelling and surfing, not to mention stunning resort facilities and restaurants."

3. Re: Sigatoka in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 12:35
Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sigatoka in June

Mahalo Ellietia

Essendon
Level Contributor
25 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sigatoka in June

You never know - enjoy fabulous Fiji. I'll def look you up when I finally get to Hawaii - always wanted to go. Cheers PaulG

6. Re: Sigatoka in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka