We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Fiji Ocean View Rooms

Which Sigatoka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Outrigger Fiji Ocean View Rooms

Hi all.

I am staying at the Outrigger in June with my family (hubby and 2 children 8 & 11). We are booked to stay in a deluxe Ocean View room and I was wondering where the best location is in the resort with regards to proximity to pool and restauraunts. The rooms on the hill appear to be some distance from the pool etc and I was thinking about requesting a room in the Lagoon wing. Has anyone stayed in the Lagoon wing and do you know if these rooms are the same size and quality as the hillside rooms?

Thanks.

1. Re: Outrigger Fiji Ocean View Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 23:13
Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Fiji Ocean View Rooms

Hi,

Just as a point of interest, whilst it may sound good to have a room near the pool, just think about the noise factor. I know this is a complaint with the Warwick as the rooms near the pool are very noisy and we have stayed in a room near the pool at the Naviti and it was very noisy right up until 10.00 p.m. when the pool closed. Also the higher up you are the more of the echo factor we encountered.

Just something to consider.

Hope you have a great time.

Baz

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,371 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger Fiji Ocean View Rooms

Click on view an arial map in the following link for the location of restaurants, pool, and other amenities in relation to various accommodations. There is also other information your may find helpful.

https:/…outrigger-on-the-lagoon-fiji

Hope this helps.

Edited: 24 January 2014, 23:19
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger Fiji Ocean View Rooms

We stayed in an ocean view room in the main building on the 2nd floor which was good because it was easy to walk up to and didn't need elevator and to be honest, they are not that far from the pool. We stayed on the side of the tennis courts which had excellent easy access to the gym, courts and adult pool. It was approx a 2 min walk to kids club, 3 min to pool/breakfast buffet 4 min to beach- all down hill...add a min extra for uphill. I think the other wing of the main building would have been about 2/3 mins to tennis courts/gym/adult pool. There is only one elevator which is smack bang in the middle of the resort, but for us was out of the way and we were happy to walk up the one flight of stairs.

The wing near the pool was a bit of a thoroughfare. Always movement down there, so not sure how quite it would be...and agree with above re: noise from pool...could be an issue.

Good luck. You will love it there!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outrigger Fiji Ocean View Rooms

Hi there was just wondering if you could tell me if you get a good view of the ocean from your balcony as I've seen lots of photos from inside the rooms but not of the actual view from the balcony outside towards the beach. Really interested in visiting just not sure what kind of room. Thanks :)

Edited: 20 March 2014, 08:57
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
265 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outrigger Fiji Ocean View Rooms

We normally stay up near the main complex I think our room was 519 I would rather be up on the hill it was quiet as I am not up until all hours and need my sleep I didn't mind the walk back to the room every now and then when we needed something the gardens are just amazing so walking though them was nice.

7. Re: Outrigger Fiji Ocean View Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:22
Get answers to your questions about Sigatoka