We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Resort near suva

Which Suva hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Resort near suva

We are spending a week in Suva in December and was wondering if there are any nearby hotels or apartments or bures on the beach. We shall hire a car so it doesn;t matter if we are a little way out of town. thanks!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,666 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Resort near suva

Have a look at Naingani or Toburua. Maybe Beqa off Pacific Harbour too.

Lawaki Beach resort on Beqa is small and friendly. Have a look at all the websites.

Edited: 26 August 2010, 05:27
Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Resort near suva

Thanks, your suggestions were really special places, however we must be on the mainland within driving distance of Suva as we must go there a couple of times. Cheers and thanks for your thoughts

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Resort near suva

Pacific Harbour is probably the nearest but it won't be the travel brochure picture perfect places you might be wanting. Coral Coast would not be too bad if you are only visiting Suva a couple of times, but you might not want to drive there daily.

Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Resort near suva

Thanks - not really after postcard perfect. Would just prefer to be out of the city. Not taking children, so don't really need a resort just something on or near the beach. is there anything between Suva and Pacific Harbour?

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,726 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Resort near suva

There was a small resort some years ago now, just outside Suva that was on the water. It went bust then was revived but don't know what happened to it then. Can't remember its name.

If it is still around it could be what you are looking for. But I guess some of the older (read 'more experienced') posters would remember it and would know if it still existed.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,666 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Resort near suva

Maybe Crusoes might be an option or Pacific Pearl at Pac. Harbour.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Resort near suva

There is a hotel at Lami which is now I think is now a Novotel. It's not on a beach but looks out over a bay. It's years since I stayed there and I believe it has been renovated - might be worth a look?

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,726 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Resort near suva

TaiMarilyn

I'm pretty sure that's the one I was thinking of. This is the link to the TA reviews on it so it looks as though it's currently open.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294337-d583497…

Never stayed there myself, only drove past, but my husband stayed there more than 15 years ago when he and colleagues were looking at for the current owners. He's fairly sure it's the same place looking at the photos on TA. The main thing he remembers is that it was infested with millions of fleas which could be seen jumping up people's legs. He and his friends had 'thousands' of bites. LOL

However, as I say that was sometime ago and it closed after that for at least some time.

However, it is pretty handy to Suva so may well be worth the poster looking at even though it's only got water views rather than a beach.

Edited: 27 August 2010, 03:36
9. Re: Beach Resort near suva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2011, 08:17