We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night dining in Suva

Dover, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Late night dining in Suva

We'll be arriving into Suva on the new Fiji Airways direct service from Sydney in June which is due to land at 8.30pm on a Friday night. By the time we negotiate Immigration, baggage collection, Customs and hop in a taxi to get to our hotel located on the edge of the central business district I fear we'll miss dinner as the hotel's restaurant takes its last orders at 9.30pm. Can anyone recommend a good place for dinner that will still be open after 10pm? Even a takeaway place en-route from the airport? We eat all cuisine types, just dislike paying good money for average food.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late night dining in Suva

I don't think you'll have many options at that hour. They all tend to close 9-10pm unfortunately.... Bad Dogs Cafe in CBD & Damodar City will still be open for dinner, but the food isn't great & its overpriced compared to other restaurants... Pizza King on Scott St in CBD is open until 11pm. They have dine in & take away. Pizza is ok, price is about FJ$10 (small), FJ$20 (medium), FJ$30 (king)... McDonalds in CBD is 24hrs, small combo meal is about FJ$13... Maybe your taxi driver might know of a few more places.... Good luck!

Dover, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Late night dining in Suva

Hi -0-Vanessa-0-, many thanks for your reply. I had an inkling there wouldn't be that much open so late at night. I'm from Tasmania and it's similarly sleepy here after 8pm. I'll see what our cab driver has to say otherwise it could be McDonalds. Not what I was hoping would be my first Fijian meal but beggars can't be choosers! Thanks again.

3. Re: Late night dining in Suva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 06:15