We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

should I spend a few days on Huahine rather than Moorea?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
should I spend a few days on Huahine rather than Moorea?

I've begun to think about whether I should take a few days away from Moorea and go to Huahine. Right now I'm planning 5 nights in Moorea after my Aranui cruise.

All of you praise the beauty and lack of development on Huahine which does call to me. But will I have had enough of 'remote, natural' islands after the Aranui (as if someone could actually get too much of that beauty :-))?

If I do add Huahine, my idea is to do go to Moorea after the cruise (since I'll be near the ferry when I get off the Aranui), spend three nights, then fly from Moorea to Huahine for two nights, then fly back to Papeete on the day of my flight back to LAX.

Does that make sense? Also, the flight from Huahine to PPT will probably get me there a bit early. Is there someplace to leave my bags in case I want to hit the grand marche one more time in town?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: should I spend a few days on Huahine rather than Moorea?

Ia orana

The aranui docks on the west side of the port of Papeete

the ferries are on the North side, a bit of a schlep walking. Hope that you will be able to hitch your way to the ferry dock or be lucky to grab a cab there.

I would suggest doing both Moorea and Huahine. Both will offer some unique features and perspective.

Meherio

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: should I spend a few days on Huahine rather than Moorea?

Hi Kitty

Yes there is a storage facility for your bags if you choose to go to Huahine, get back early and want to make it to the Marche.

There is a small fee for storing your bags.

Regards

Bo

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,440 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: should I spend a few days on Huahine rather than Moorea?

hihi...

the main storage is just outside the international terminal across the street you'll see a building...on the other side of it is a storage facility that charges a small fee per bag to lock them up.

By all means go to Huahine and take the 1/2 day 4X4 trip to learn all about the island, truly facinating and you'll see everything! Easily booked at any accomodation. There is also a Pearl Farm that is free to visit. It's on all the maps. Just show up during the day and they'll take you the short distance out into the lagoon to see the farm and learn all about pearls. They ask for a small gas donation...

sunny regards,

shully

4. Re: should I spend a few days on Huahine rather than Moorea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 08:16