We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from FP

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from FP

Hi all,

I just arrived home yesterday afternoon from a fantastic trip to FP. I'm still a bit groggy and jet lagged and will have to wait a few days before I can do justice to a full trip report.

However, everything was wonderful and exceeded my expectations. ATN flights were fine, not crowded so everyone could spread out; my layovers in LA with hotels at two Marriotts saved me and helped me adjust to the time differences (will post hotel reviews); 3 days in Tahiti was perfect for more time adjustment and climate acclimation (will post reviews on Pension de la Plage and the Island tour); 14 days on the Aranui 3 were magnificent -- I can't even begin to say how great it was, even sleeping in the dorm was fun and the food was FAB (lots of details to be provided later); 5 days in Moorea included lagoon tour, Dr. Poole's tour and rental car, all of which were great.

Anyway, I am enamoured with Moorea, addicted to poisson cru (I ate it or sashimi virtually every day), and love the music. I'll be asking for some recommendations on particular CDs or downloads as I didn't find any CDs there that anyone could really recommend.

Also came home with a tattoo that I got on my last day in Moorea when I knew I wouldn't be swimming. And a beautiful black pearl necklace.....

All in all a fantastic trip and I wouldn't change a thing about it (except the exchange rate for dollar). And the weather was really really good -- lots of sun and fluffy white clouds, just a little rain the first few days in Papeete but it was perfect for an afternoon nap. And I didn't get one single mosquito or no-no bite!

I promise more details in the week to come with photos and video clips as well (I hope).

Thanks to all who helped me plan the trip. I see now why you go back time after time.

nancy

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from FP

Glad you had a great time. I can't wait to read you detailed trip report.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from FP

Ia orana

Welcome back

Seemed that you just left a few days ago...

Loking forward for your full trip reportand reviews

meherio

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from FP

Hello Kitty

Welcome back.........I bet you are dreams are in color now:)

Looking forward to hearing details of your trip.

Regards BO

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,471 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from FP

Thanks for checking in Nancy! Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself in paradise :) Let us know when the photos are up! I'd love to see them.

sunny regards,

shully

5. Re: Just back from FP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 05:22