We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on restaurants/spa treatments

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on restaurants/spa treatments

I hope I'm not rehashing too many of the old topics, but I just booked our honeymoon for end of August into September. We will be staying at sofitel moorea and private island on bora bora.

Reading through the forum, I've gathered that the sofitel on moorea isn't terribly close to any restaurants. Based on this I am expecting to do our meals at the resort there and 'go out to eat' more in bora bora. Is this a reasonable expectation?

Also, our TA is suggesting making reservations for dinners and spa treatments in advance. Is that really necessary? I would understand for a couple of the exclusive restaurants, but we have no intention of going to those. I'd prefer to not plan more than a few hours in advance for those types of things. If anybody has suggestions of places within walking distance that might give us a more local taste, it would be greatly appreciated.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on restaurants/spa treatments

Many restaurants on Moorea offer free pick up service for dinner. Many of the restaurants are as good or better than the ones at the hotel and typically less expensive.

On Bora Bora, La Bounty would be within easy walking distance,,,after you take the 5 minute shuttle boat to the main island. A few others within fairly easy walking distance (10-15 minutes)...and the others would need a pick up service.

If you don't plan top eat at La Villa Mahana, there's really no need to make advance reservations for dinners.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on restaurants/spa treatments

Thank you for the reply. I'll stick with same day, if at all, reservations.

3. Re: Advice on restaurants/spa treatments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 05:15