We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time spliting between Moorea and Bora Bora - pre/post cruise

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Time spliting between Moorea and Bora Bora - pre/post cruise

Hi all! First time posting on the forum and I appreciate any advice that may come my way!

In October, my fiancé and I will be travelling to the FP for the 7-night Tahiti Paul Gauguin cruise. We are spending time prior to the cruise in Moorea and time after the cruise in Bora Bora. Based on our budget and time constraints (vacations days from work) we are faced with a decision I don't want to make! I've gone crazy researching on-line but thought I might as well put my specific situation out there.

Here are two itinerary options:

5 nights Moorea - Cruise - 2 nights Bora Bora....OR....

3 nights Moorea - Cruise - 4 nights Bora Bora

Either way, we are staying at Intercontinentals: Moorea will have a garden pool bungalow and Bora Bora we will be at Thalasso in an OWB.

A few additional points:

- I'm worried 2 nights in BB won't be enough, but at the same time the cruise spends two days in both Moorea and Bora Bora. What we want from BB is the OWB experience, to soak in the beauty and relax.

- We are fairly active people and like exploring, and for this reason Moorea is on the top of my list to spend additional time. We swim and snorkel a little bit, hike a little etc. While this is true we want a perfect combination of relaxation too and I don't want to miss out on that in BB! We plan to do more activities while on the cruise and relax pre and post. That being said, is 7 days (5+cruise) in Moorea too long?

Help!! - Do we split equally to get the best of both - or do we spend more time in Moorea?

THANKS!!

Kara - dreaming of Tahiti

California
Level Contributor
9,707 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time spliting between Moorea and Bora Bora - pre/post cruise

How about 4 nights on Moorea and 3 nights on Bora Bora? We're taking the 7 day PG cruise in March. It will be our third FP cruise, and I LOVE Moorea! We're staying 3 nights pre-cruise at the IC on Moorea and five nights post-cruise at Vahine Resort near Taha'a.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time spliting between Moorea and Bora Bora - pre/post cruise

Thanks for the reply! This would be ideal, however because of the flight schedule, 3 days in Bora Bora is not an option. We could do 2 nights and an extra night in tahiti, but otherwise we could not make the early flight out of PPT and that is the only option that day.

California
Level Contributor
9,707 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time spliting between Moorea and Bora Bora - pre/post cruise

Hmm--Well, I don't think you can go wrong either way. You might want to get Jan Prince's Tahiti and French Polynesia Guide. I've found it very helpful in planning our trip.

4. Re: Time spliting between Moorea and Bora Bora - pre/post cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:19