We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrified of lizards

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Terrified of lizards

I have a paralyzing fear of lizards. I have been known to scream, cry, fall to the ground, and even vomit when I have unfortunately been in close contact with a large one iguana. I need to know if there are any lizards in the French Polynesia area, (or any beach areas) any info you can give me on where to find a nice beach without them would be helpful. Carribean included.

And PLEASE do not waste your time telling me they are harmless. I know that. My brain does not care. Fear is involuntary. When I see one, I literally blackout and my brain tells me I am dying. I would go to therapy but I am too afraid they will make me see one. Thankyou.

California
Level Contributor
9,806 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terrified of lizards

Reminds me of posts on the Santorini Forum where there was someone who had a phobia of cats, and on the Kauai Forum where someone had a phobia of roosters. : ) I've only been to FP twice, but I'd say there's a pretty good chance you're going to see geckos--don't think there are iguanas-- if you stay at one of the resorts. I don't think I've ever seen one on the beaches on Kauai or FP. You might want to consider a cruise; never seen a lizard on the Paul Gauguin.

Edited: 13 January 2014, 01:58
Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
29,177 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terrified of lizards

There are geckos all over FP. Pretty much no avoiding them. I honestly can't think of a tropical destination that doesn't have geckos or lizards.

Edited: 13 January 2014, 02:18
3. Re: Terrified of lizards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:18