We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paul Gaugin cruise

Fayetteville, North...
8 posts
Save Topic
Paul Gaugin cruise

Hello.

These cruises are VERY highly priced. Can anyone tell me if they are even close to being worth it, besides the much lesser number of passengers (which doesnt matter to me).

Also, are spa services included (they should be at that price, IMO) because it is vague in the advertisements as to whether they are or not.

You are paying between $500 and $1000 per day. Can anyone honestly say this is worth it? I mean, if they were serving things like unlimited lobster and buku $$$$ caviar all cruise long.....maybe...........................

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paul Gaugin cruise

The cruise is spectacular. Spa services are extra. Take a cabin on deck 3 as they are the same size as deck 4 and the balcony cabins. Remember that air from LAX as well as transfers and a day room are included. This is a legit $1500 cost which means your cruise is indeed about $500 a day. Everything in the region is really pricey. We have been on the ship 3 times and hope for #4.

California
Level Contributor
9,754 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paul Gaugin cruise

We'll be on the PG for the second time next month, and agree with Medic_5 that the cruise is spectacular and a wonderful way to see French Polynesia. Also, being on a smaller ship with fewer passengers is very important to me.

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paul Gaugin cruise

French Polynesia in general is not an inexpensive destination. PGC is an all inclusive (spa services not included) well worth it in my opinion. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Spacious, oceanview accommodations

• Luxury European linens, feather-down duvets, robes, and

cotton slippers

• All shipboard meals, in your choice of venues

• Complimentary room service

• Complimentary beverages, including select wines and

spirits, drinks, bottled water, and hot beverages served

throughout the ship

• Refrigerator replenished daily with soft drinks, beer, and

bottled water

• All shipboard entertainment

• All onboard gratuities included for room stewards and dining staff

• La Boutique duty-free shop

• Luxurious onboard spa

• Fitness center

• Watersports including complimentary kayaking,

windsurfing, and paddleboarding*

• Piano and pool bars

Regards Bo

Edited: 18 February 2014, 12:57
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paul Gaugin cruise

If you compare the cruise costs to a non-cruise vacation of comparable quality in French Polynesia, the pricing actually isn't high in comparison to what else you might be paying. Interisland air runs $500 USD/person. A resort hotel on Moorea for two people is going to start at around $300-350 a night and run to $600-800/night if you're overwater; the prices are higher on Bora Bora. If one is eating in restaurants comparable to the ship's and if one likes the occasional drink, your food budget is going to run you $200-300 USD/day. Is it a whale of a deal? I suspect not, but I've never been on one. Is it competitively priced? I'd say absolutely. And do I wish French Polynesia was less $$$? Oh yes... because then I could twice a year ;)