We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi take Charge cards?

Seattle
Level Contributor
369 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi take Charge cards?

We're arriving on the Hawaiian Air flight on a Sat night at 11:00 pm and will be staying a few days on Tahiti at the Royal Tahitien before leaving for Moorea. Haven't decided yet what transfer method to use to get to the hotel Do the taxis accept Charge cards? The hotel has offered to arrange a transfer using Marma tours, which is probably cheaper but how long will we have to wait around?

Thanks for your help.

Moorea
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi take Charge cards?

Hi Hummingbird,

I personally would let the hotel set up your transfer. A rep from Marama Tours will be waiting for you as you exitg customs. I am unaware of any taxis accepting CCs but there may be a few. I cedrtainly wouldn't plan on it though.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi take Charge cards?

The taxi drivers like local francs or US dollars. No credit cards. The bank at the airport will be open after your flight Sat night. I fly on Hawaiian several times a year and I would use Marma tours. The hotel is on the other side of Papeete from the airport. A great Chinese resaurant that is open on Sundays is Le Dragon d'Or. Phone 42 96 12

3. Re: Taxi take Charge cards?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 16:18