We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25th wedding anniversary

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
25th wedding anniversary

For our 20th wedding anniversary we visited Moorea for 4 nights, Bora Bora for 5 nights and Manihi for 4 nights. My husband’s favorite was Manihi. We are now thinking about Kinda doing it again for our 25th which will be next year. As we are from NC, we have the Caribbean very convenient but it is not near as beautiful as French Polynesian. So we were thinking about 3 remote islands for 4 nights each. I am now a certified diver, alas my husband is not. I want to dive but we really want a perfect snorkeling trip like 5 years ago. We would wake up very early as the east coast time difference never really caught up with us. We would snorkel for an hour, have breakfast, snorkel, have lunch, snorkel, have dinner. I think you get the picture; we are water freaks. Thinking about Manihi again, Tikehau or Rangiroa and Nuku hiva or Hiva Oa. Just really starting the research. The air trips to the Marquesas Islands may make them undesirable. Suggestions, Comments, Considerations??

Also, can not remember what is Half board versus full board??

Does full board include alcohol?

Last time we only did breakfast at two of the resorts as we wanted to explore the island for dinner, but as we will be staying in remote islands, we will just go half board (breakfast and dinner right??) unless full board includes beer ad wine.

SC
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25th wedding anniversary

Hi, my husband and I are thinking about exploring the south pacific. We are on the East coast as well. It does appear to be a good long flight. It looks so beautiful and interesting though so I am sure it's worth the flight. I saw where Manihi was your favorite of the three islands you visisted. What did you like about Manihi? thanks.

2. Re: 25th wedding anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Marquesas Islands
Recent Conversations