We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you book Papeete to Moorea ferry in advance?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Can you book Papeete to Moorea ferry in advance?

We will be arriving in Papeete on April 5 and we rented a vehicle for 4 days as we will be spending the first 2 nights in Moorea, 1 night in Papeete.

I've checked the http://www.aremiti.net/ website and couldn't see any options of buying ferry tickets online.

Since we will be requiring a ferry for 2 persons and a car, I would like to ensure that there will be a spot available in the morning of April 5 and returning April 7

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you book Papeete to Moorea ferry in advance?

You will find it much easier and less expensive to take the ferry to Moorea and then rent a car when you arrive on Moorea. Taxi from the airport to the ferry dock after you arrive in Tahiti. If you do take the car on the ferry just buy the tickets when you arrive at the ferry dock.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you book Papeete to Moorea ferry in advance?

thanks for the reply. I looked into booking the car in Moorea but most are already sold out for 3 days rental.

it was $200 for 3 days car rental in Moorea where in Papeete I could get a car for 4 days for $150.

Guess we'll just have to run to the dock in the morning and buy ticket for 9am ferry on that day.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you book Papeete to Moorea ferry in advance?

Contact sandrine@avispacificar.pf on Moorea for Avis car rates.

It will cost $75-$80 for a round trip for a car on the ferry. Plus your passenger tickets. www.aremiti.net will give you all of the ferry info you need.

Edited: 10 January 2014, 19:26
Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you book Papeete to Moorea ferry in advance?

I second Hamara's advice. Much easier of Sandrine/Avis has a car.

Regards BO

California
Level Contributor
9,707 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you book Papeete to Moorea ferry in advance?

" I looked into booking the car in Moorea but most are already sold out for 3 days rental." Yikes!! I'll be getting in touch with Sandrine today. When I contacted Avis a couple of months ago, I was told making a reservation a week before needed would be fine.

6. Re: Can you book Papeete to Moorea ferry in advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 05:17