We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France - only Premium Economy?

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Air France - only Premium Economy?

Hello,

Looking at booking a flight from LAX to Papeete in March 2015. However whichever flight I choose the only economy option is Premium Economy. Am I missing something or are all flights with AF Premium only?

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
280 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France - only Premium Economy?

Late March possible? Check to see if it's a code share with Air Tahiti Nui try their site.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
71 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air France - only Premium Economy?

We just flew Air France, Premium Economy. They fly planes with 3 tiered cabins - business (with flat bed seats), premium economy (similar to domestic first class) and economy. The premium economy is only 3 row s of 2-4-2. On both our flights, economy was full, premium economy had some empty seats, and business had even more empty seats. We booked premium economy and appreciated the extra legroom, comfy seats and better food options.

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air France - only Premium Economy?

Are you trying to use miles?

Regards Bo

Appleton, Wisconsin
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air France - only Premium Economy?

I have been reading reviews stating that AF Premium Economy seats do not recline and while they afford extra legroom are terribly stiff and uncomfortable. Was this not the case for you? I have already booked for a September trip and am wondering if that was not a wise choice...

Clermont, Florida
Level Contributor
358 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air France - only Premium Economy?

Air France permium economy seats do recline, but are rock hard. As long as you bring something to put under your butt, they are a fairly comfortable ride with a lot of pitch. They are better than economy, but don't think you're getting anything even close to business.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air France - only Premium Economy?

Good to know!!! Thanks.

7. Re: Air France - only Premium Economy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Papeete