We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sao Tome & Principe / a few questions

Rome
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sao Tome & Principe / a few questions

Hello everybody, I love Africa and speaking Portuguese I would love to vist Sao Tome' & Principe.

I've wacthed many documentaries and read many books about these islands

Here's a few questions:

1) when is the rain season?

2) what is the island's best beach?

3) what are the top ten sites you recommend?

4) any place where you recommend to stay & any other tips greatly appreciated

thank you very much

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,044 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sao Tome & Principe / a few questions

Hi, maybe I answer late, but anyway:

Rain season is between March - July, then between maybe September - December. I was there in January and it was not rainy at all, the weather was nice, not hot, but very humid.

Difficult to say the best beach - everyone was nice in my eyes.

We rented a car and was driving around the whole island, we stayed in Sao Tome town some days, and every day we did some trip somewhere - cacao or coffee plantation or only driving around to see. We did one trip to Porto Alegre, it took the whole day because the roads are not so very good.

The best you can do is to buy the map and some good guide book and go. So we did and it was fantastic and I hope I can come back some day again. I loved it!!!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,044 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sao Tome & Principe / a few questions

P.S. if you not did yet, you can read my report from Sao Tome - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g480235-i11307-k41…

Note please, to Sao Tome the people are not going so much to stay on some beach and take bath, they mostly go and explore the island.

3. Re: Sao Tome & Principe / a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2017, 09:22
Get answers to your questions about Sao Tome and Principe
Recent Conversations