We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday 2012

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
92 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday 2012

Hi I am researching holiday for August 2012. We are a family of 7 which includes grandparents and two kids aged 9 and 12. We like to go off the beaten track which is why I thought of Albania. Please can someone give me some help on best kid friendly resorts and accomodation that can be booked from the UK. Accomodation can be holiday village or hotel but must have a pool for the kids and be near to the beach. Thanks for your help!

Durres, Albania
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday 2012

If you are looking for something nearby the Tirana International Airport, I would recommend Tropikal in Durres. It has an awesome pool and is right on the beach. The beach is okay, but if you travel a little you can go to some really lovely beaches of Kallmi, Plazhi i Gjeneralit and Gjiri Lazlit.

About 4 hours away, you can reach Vlora which has a great hotel in the cliffs called Hotel Liro. Here or in Orikum there are a number of options for you. Otherwise I would recommend that you fly into Corfu and ferry over to Saranda which has dozens and dozens of hotels with pools. The beaches south of Saranda on the way to Butrint are marvellous (particular Ksmali).

Tirana, Albania
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday 2012

Albania is a great place for the travelers, who don't stay in one place, but move from place to place. A trip along the sea line from Durres to Saranda will be unforgettable. Take your time and visit the castle Porto Palermo close to Himara, castle of Himara; Borsh with its restaurant on the springs, coming from the ground under the tables..Go all the way to Butrint and take a walk through it. For more information on Butrint look at my page (Sulamip) on facebook. You will find there my gift from Butrint, gift from Berat, gift from Girokaster, gift from Tirana files. All these places are must see. I would never recommend to spend all your vacation just in one place. Durres is great for few days and nights, has a very special holiday night life and atmosphere, has International summer film festival very much worth seeing. Make you itinerary, send it to me, and I will try to help you with booking. If you want more help with itinerary, please contact me on sulamiph@yahoo.com

Cetinje, Montenegro
Destination Expert
for Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
318 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday 2012

Hey there,

I think Hotel Paradise beach is one of the best hotels for all of you, beautiful scenery, close to the beach and great pool. I would advise that you try to expore from there a bit of the coast since it is spectacular.

You really dont need anybody to help you with booking all is very straight forward, Albanians are great and warm people and you will have a great holitdays.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday 2012

Dear Madam,

If you would like to visit a small village with a spectacular beach is QEPARO search for this village by the Ionian sea in Albania and if you like it send me an email (komehiliirini@hotmail.com) in order to send more photos and to check for availability at my rooms to let.

With my warmest regards,

Irini

Hawthorn
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday 2012

here are list of kid friendly resorts in Albania www.airbnb.com/albania/family-friendly-villas

London
Level Contributor
115 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday 2012

Fly to Tirana, spend two days there, then get a bus or furgon to Saranda or Girokastra; 2 days in Gjiro, then a few days either at Saranda or any of the towns on that south coast of Albania. Lovely!

Ukiah, California
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday 2012

Get the best discount on booking hotels in London and save money with Flybee.com. Find the great deals in luxury and budget hotels in London.

Edited: 12 December 2011, 12:26
Ukiah, California
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday 2012

Get the best discount on booking hotels in London and save money with Flybee.com. Find the great deals in luxury and budget hotels in London.

Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday 2012

Hi there<

some great suggestions made in the previous posts.

close to tirana airport i would also recommend tropikal resort, dolce vita or AS Hotel some of the best in this stretch of coast.

In vlora I would agree with Paradise Beach, while in Dhermi the Drymades Inn is a good choice.

all can be easily booked in just a few simple steps at the most popular and comprehensive hotel booking site for albania http://www.albania-hotel.com

Tirana, Albania
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

If you are really interested in his trip. Pls don't hesitate to contact as for the best service and for the best price in Albanian Market.

Albania Private Tours & Leisure

Mob: 00355684029914 (Jimmy Lama)

Skype. jimmy.lama2

www.tours-albania.com

www.albaniaprivatetours.com

Facebook: Tours Albania

E-mail: tiranaservices@yahoo.com

E-mail: toursalbania@yahoo.com