We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November travel in Albania

London, Canada
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
November travel in Albania

Thinking of travelling from Sofia to Tirana in November, debating if it's worth exploring the region in November as daylight will be short and wondering if tourist sights will be closed.

This is a rough itinerary of what am planning:-

Day 1

Arrive Sofia

Day 2,

Sofia or day trip to Rila

Day 3,

Sofia to Belgrade by bus

Day 4,

Belgrade

Day 5

Belgrade to Skopje by bus

Day 6

Skopje to Pristina by bus

Day 7

Pristina

Day 8

Pristina to Tirana by bus

Day 9

Tirana

Day 10

Day trip to Berat

Day 11

Depart Tirana.

This can also be done in reverse from Tirana to Sofia but I thought I would like to avoid a Serbian passport stamp in my passport when entering Kosovo. I can't fly in/out of different cities; I wil fly from London and there are direct flights to Sofia and Tirana, it's slim pickings for direct fights on BA to this region.

Are these cities safe for a solo female traveller?

Is a day sufficient in each city? How big are these cities?

I know I don't have much time in Skopje, it's really a stepping stone between Serbia and Kosovo. I don't think November is the best time to enjoy the natural sights near Skopje.

Which bus companies are best for travelling between the cities?

Any thoughts on this itinerary will be appreciated. Thanks.

Tirana Free Walking Tour
Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Albania Holidays
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Mussel Tour
Sightseeing Tours
Trippinbalkans
Day Trips, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
8,560 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November travel in Albania

Albania is safe, use comon sense. I would switch Tirana with Kruja. Visit Tirana when you get there, there are no historic/old buildings. 1 day trip is fine, Berat and Kruja are small, Tirana is rather big (700k inhabitants)

London, Canada
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November travel in Albania

Thanks for your help

3. Re: November travel in Albania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 19:59
4. Re: November travel in Albania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Albania