We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation during May holidays

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
160 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation during May holidays

We (2 adults 2 children(4&8years)) are planning a visit to Minsk from 1st to 3rd May. I've checked accommodation options. Either most of them are sold out, or whatever available is extremely expensive.

Are there any possibilities which I missed?

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation during May holidays

I guess it is a pretty bad time to come over. Accommodation will be overpriced due to the champ. Besides, we can't know the options you already considered.)

Try hotels in Borisov or even farmstays near Minsk.

A

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
160 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation during May holidays

Thank you for the answer. We just wanted to spend time in May holidays, has nothing to do with the champ. By the way which champ are we talking about?

I have checked almost all hotels. Booking.com does not even provide any hotel alternative, only apartments.

We are coming by train, so may be some place not far perfectly suits.

I have no idea about farmstays near Minsk.

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation during May holidays

Google will help with the farmstays although they must be booked out for May.

The "champ" was briefly mentioned in the previous threads here - World Hockey Championship in Belarus May 10-22. The prices will go through the roof, to put it mildly.

A

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
160 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation during May holidays

It seems city will be full 10 day's ahead from the championship. It starts on 9th May, we come on 1st.

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation during May holidays

Well it so happens that visa free regime for the games starts on April 26 - I guess that causes overbooking. And May holidays in Russia, naturally.

A

6. Re: Accommodation during May holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 16:18
Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation during May holidays

try student village, if you are 3-4 then you will be ok in dorm-style accomodation 20 eur per person

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation during May holidays

Does anyone know if Fan Village provides registration?

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation during May holidays

The Village provides registration, they say it will be done on site.

A

10. Re: Accommodation during May holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Minsk