We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent an Apartment in Minsk (6 weeks)

Which Minsk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Rent an Apartment in Minsk (6 weeks)

Hi there,

I will be taking some Russian courses at BSU form July 21 to August 30. The university has informed me that they provide dormitory dormitory services to all enrolled students for about $40 USD. However, I would much rather prefer to rent an apartment for those 6 weeks for myself rather than be in a shared dormitory. My budget for this is $800 USD +- for all 6 weeks, however most of the places I find online run about 50 EUR a night and are not really meant to be long term. Can anyone recommend or let me know how I can go about renting an apartment in Minsk? Thanks!

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent an Apartment in Minsk (6 weeks)

You should start with a couple of hostel nights and have a look around. There are normally rental ads at the university lobby and the personnel might recommend someone...

A

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent an Apartment in Minsk (6 weeks)

July-August is the time when students normally try to save on rent and move home to provincial towns away from Minsk.

Felix is right, stay for a couple of nights in some hostel. Make friends with students in BSU, you might just be the perfect variant for those who do not want to pay for July-August but are afraid to move because they would lose this apartment for September and further on.

I hope I explained everything well and now you understand the favourable position you are indeed in.

Your budget 400+400 is ok for 2 months of rent for a 2-bedroom apartment. Of course, in Belarus apartments are way smaller than in Canada. Don't be surprized.

Edited: 21 May 2014, 09:20
3. Re: Rent an Apartment in Minsk (6 weeks)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 05:15