We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Umoljani (Bjelasnica mountain region)

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Umoljani (Bjelasnica mountain region)

Hi all,

I am currently planning a trip to Croatia and BH i'm going for at the beginning of October.

I was wondering if you know if there is any way to get to Umoljani (or any other village in the Bjelasnica mountain region) from Sarajevo by public transport?

I was checking http://www.autobusni-kolodvor.com web, as some of you suggested before, but there is no destination like Umoljani there....

Thanks!

Barbara

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Umoljani (Bjelasnica mountain region)

I am sure there will be bus. It might be once or twice/day. Bus stop is probably somewhere in suburbs, where local peasants can load in the bus their sheep, cows, cheese and plum brandy in barrels and their live chickens they did not sell that day in the city.

Good luck and have nice trip there.

Edited: 18 September 2012, 02:50
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Umoljani (Bjelasnica mountain region)

Hello, Barbara!

No public buses Sarajevo - Umoljani, Lukomir... You can join to the group ( if it will be organized), have a private tour, go by bicycle or hike! Bjelašnica is amazing mountain in any season!

Welcome and have a nice time in Bosnia!

Regards,

Jadranka

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Umoljani (Bjelasnica mountain region)

Ha, ha,ha, ha, @Tvrtko,

That was true, but before the war.

I saw chickens in the bus on the way from Titovo Velenje to the some lake near ''Rdeča Dvorana'' in Velenje in Slovenia during 80's, also

Edited: 20 September 2012, 14:46
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Umoljani (Bjelasnica mountain region)

Thank you guys for the answers.

Jadranka, you wrote there are no public buses that would be going there - and what about the GRAS company? In the Bradt guide it's written that with them you can get even to the most isolated villages in the Bjlasnica region... I managed to find GRAS web but there is no info about the routes they operate on. Only general company info.

5. Re: How to get to Umoljani (Bjelasnica mountain region)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 September 2012, 14:37
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Umoljani (Bjelasnica mountain region)

Hi, Barbara!

GRAS is a public transport . From time to time they have transport to some of mountain villages, but not to Umoljani. Sometimes during the winter, mostly on school holidays, mostly in January and February, they organise a bus to Bjelašnica once a day.

Regards,

Jadranka

Edited: 24 September 2012, 14:34
7. Re: How to get to Umoljani (Bjelasnica mountain region)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2013, 10:15