We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a good map

sunderland
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
a good map

Have planned a round trip from Dubrovnic to Mostar & onto Budva before finally ending back at DBV airport. However I am dismayed to discover that Tomtom dont do satnav maps for Bosnia & Montenegro.

Can anybody recommend a good map(s) that will cover my route,( like Michelin own France) that is readily available (pref Amazon for example).

Also is there anything in particular I should be aware of? Already read mention of checking insurance cover to cross the borders & not to stray too far from the road due to risk of landmines???? Is this a wind up??

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a good map

When you get there, you will be able to get cheap newest map at the gas station or bookstore. Basically, there are just 2 possible ways to go from Dubrovnik to Mostar. You cannot get lost even if you try. If you go through Trebinje, I would advise not to wander too far from the road (there was a front line in the war). If you go through Neum and Metkovic, wandering around is actually recommended. You might get in to some Roman historic site or delightful winery....

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: a good map

I recommand road via Trebinje and recommand to taste natural honey of herbals.

3. Re: a good map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 06:20