We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Dubrovnik

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Dubrovnik

I'll be in Dubrovnik for 3-4 days at the end of May. While I definitely plan to spend at least one full day exploring Dubrovnik, I may also want to take a day trip or two to some nearby spots. Any recommendations? Thanks!

usa
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik

Couple I can think of.

Go to Mostar, Bosnia - we did this last smmer and was a great day.

Take a ferry to Lopud and spend the day on the island there.

sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
245 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik

I am also going to be in Dubovnik the end May - and from the information here I think we are going to do a day trip to Kotor Montenegro and then take in an island one day.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
35,644 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik

I would also say Mostar if you can get there. Was a great eye opening experience for me.

USA
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik

If you want something out of the ordinary...and get away from the coast...go to Mostar in Bosnia. It is a great place to visit. It is set beautifully in the Neretva River Valley. During the war, it was the scene of some heavy fighting and some parts of the city still depict that. One side of the river is the Muslim side and the other is the Croat side. It is a very worthwhile place to visit although it is kind of sullen...you can go by bus

virginia
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik

Spend one day going to either Mostar or Kotor as previous posters have recommended (I've been to Kotor but not Mostar yet) and another going to the island of Mljet, a large portion of which is a national park and one of the most beautiful places in Croatia.

zadar
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik

visit on first travel agency and the suggest you 20 diferents trip around..

7. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2007, 19:51
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
858 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik

I highly recommend the Atlas trip to Montenegro. It's a long day but an amazing one.

9. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 07:17