We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and drink prices

Leicester
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Food and drink prices

Can anyone give us a idea of the cost of food and drink at todays prices please? I have heard that the cost has increased recently. Going out in September will be part self catering and will eat out as well

Thanks

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food and drink prices

it has gotten a little more expensive, but it is still a lot cheaper than Ireland - there are all different restaurants with different prices - seafood is a specialty there and seafood restaurants are probably a little pricer than regular restaurants.

It will still be cheaper than the UK and ireland - if you get peckish in the day the pizzas are fab and are about 4 Euro - same with pasta dishes etc.

Beers and shorts are a lot cheaper.

Although a cocktail at Hemmingways in the old town of Dubrovnik costs about 7 Euro as opposed to 4 Euro in Cavtat, Hemmingways cocktails are to die for.

I would avoid the Troubador, just around the corner from Hemmingways - their drinks are very expensive compared to all the rest of the pubs there.

Leicester
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food and drink prices

We are further North Trogir near Split do you know anything about this area or just Dubronic

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food and drink prices

Dubrovnik is the most expensive

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food and drink prices

sorry TimRose

I only really know Dubrovnik, Cavtat, and some of the islands.

dubrovnik is probably the more expensive of where I have been, but it is still cheaper than at home.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
61,124 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food and drink prices

You can make it pretty cheap if you want to. You could spend lots of money on steaks, lobster and the like, but you can keep the costs down by going to the grocery stores and fruit markets for breakfast and lunch. There will always be some reasonably priced things on the menu such as Pizza and Spaghetti. I don't know much about the prices in Ireland, but I have always been pleasantly surprised with the prices in Croatia!

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food and drink prices

barry

LOL - don't even ASK about the prices in Ireland - they are no joke, let me tell you.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
61,124 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food and drink prices

Ok whales now I have to ask.... how bad are the prices in Ireland and why?

8. Re: Food and drink prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 16:16