We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On the way to Dubrovnik

Seattle
Level Contributor
127 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
On the way to Dubrovnik

If you had a couple of extra days would you spend it in Amsterdam or Frankfurt. Trying to plan our trip.Thanks

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: On the way to Dubrovnik

You should split this do Dutch/German forum but here are my 2 cents.

it is Amsterdam - by all means.Every minute of it.Compared to Amsterdam,Frankfurt is ultra-flat.It is just huge business center raised on carpet bombing ruins. (If for some reason Amsterdam becomes problem than go to Mainz & Wiesbaden.They are 15min frequently connected train distance from Frankfurt Airport and those are places worth a look.)

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,047 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On the way to Dubrovnik

Taking nothing away from Frankfurt or Amsterdam--- I would just spend the extra couple of days in Croatia somewhere. On our trips we have considered stopping in some other cities too, but when it came down to it, we just wanted more time in Croatia.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On the way to Dubrovnik

I've been to both, and I would definitely pick Amsterdam.

4. Re: On the way to Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 21:17