We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
South Africa
1 post
Save Topic
Sailing Croatia

I am looking at going sailing in Croatia in late September but am not sure what the weather will be like. Is it still sunny and is the sea still warm enough to swim? Does anyone have any recommendations of which sailing company to use?

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sailing Croatia

Late September is usually wonderful. May be a bit chilly in the evenings and that's it. For companies see Katarina line or Secret Dalmatia but all depends on what are you looking for in the program...

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sailing Croatia

We cruised from Venice down to Dubrovnik in early September '05 and the weather was quite good,although i know you mean locally.The water was a bit chilly to swim in but it was nice once we were in.

Somerset
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sailing Croatia

You can always check the weather for Croatia at http://meteo.hr/index_en.php I've heard September is a great time of the year for sailing especially as it's not as crowded as in July and August. But I'm not quite sure about the sea temperatures - check the link. I personally booked through an agency in Split and sailed in late June. Had a great time on the islands... I can send you a contact of the agency on PM - I'm not sure if it's allowed to write it on forums.

4. Re: Sailing Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2009, 06:24