We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day car hire in Dubrovnik

ireland
Level Contributor
243 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
1 day car hire in Dubrovnik

Hi,

I'm trying to book a car for day from Dubrovnik to Split. We are going onto Hvar and there are no ferries that I can see on the 15th Aug from Dubrovnik to Hvar so am thinking of renting a car instead and driving up the coast road to Split and then getting the passenger ferry across.

However, all my searches to date do not give me the option of picking up in Dubrovnik and dropping off in Split on the same day.

Anyone know where I could go for this please? It's the honeymoon so am trying to leave as little as possible to chance!!!

Thanks...

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day car hire in Dubrovnik

August 15 is usually a big traffic mess since it is peak of season and it will be a weekend.

Try with Unirent for arranging the car rental from Dubrovnik to Split or take the private transfer from Dubrovnik to Hvar and relax watching the scenery.

ireland
Level Contributor
243 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day car hire in Dubrovnik

Sorry for more questions but what is the privat transfer?!!

Thank you.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
50,181 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day car hire in Dubrovnik

I think you should just jump on a bus and be done with it so you don't have to worry about turning in your car four to five hours after you get it.

4. Re: 1 day car hire in Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2009, 07:20