We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airports in Croatia

LONDON
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Airports in Croatia

Hi all.

I'm joining some friends in Croatia for a week. I need to meet them in the Sth at Dubrovnik then Depart in the North.

I've looked at flights and think the cheapest there is with Easy Jet to Dubrovnik. Has anyone flown there with Easy Jet - IS THIS IN A GOOD LOCATION OR IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE?

Same goes for my proposed departure from Ttiest in the North with Ryan Air. IS THIS IN A GOOD LOCATION OR IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE?

I've flown to places before, arrived, and then had to spend half a day actually getting to the main centre.

Thanks for your help

Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airports in Croatia

I have flown with Easyjet before and they were OK. You will have no problem flying into Dubrovnik - as you come out of the terminal you will find a shuttle bus to take you into the centre of Dubrovnik

I do not know about Ryan Air or flying from Trieste - maybe another member can post on this aspect.

Have a good trip !

LONDON
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airports in Croatia

Thanks Korcula. One down, one to go.

Cheers

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airports in Croatia

I've used Easy Jet on a different routes and it's fine.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airports in Croatia

How are you getting from Dubrovnik to Trieste? Trieste is in Italy and not Northern Croatia. Are you aiming to get to Pula and pick up a bus to Trieste? Trieste airport is quite a way out (around 20 miles I would estimate,but could be wrong.) You can get a bus from the bus station in Trieste to the airport. You would need to leave plenty of time for your flight.

London, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airports in Croatia

There is a direct overnight bus from Dubrovnik to Trieste but i would rather travel by day and catch the beautiful scenery.

Stopping a few places along the way would be ideal.

Hi DannyG, did you get to Istria and the Kvarner islands recently? If so, would love to hear of your travels.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
12,297 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airports in Croatia

I came back from Istria / Kavaner a week ago. Have a look at my trip report with photographs on the following link :-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294453-i1554-k2…

Enjoy Croatia!

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airports in Croatia

Hi Jackie99

Rather than clog up this post I'll post you something,probably tomorrow. And yes we've just spent 3 1/2 weeks in Istria and we did get to the Kvanar islands, albeit not quite what we'd anticipated.

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airports in Croatia

Dubrovnik airport is about 40 minutes drive from Dubrovnik city centre, but it's very near a lovely town of Cavtat which is a favourite port for superyachts. Trieste is actually in Italy but not far from north Croatia. I don't know this airport but I've driven through Trieste and it's a big sprawling town. I've just done a posting on my blog www.croatiaonline.blogspot.com with links to all the main Croatian airports and most of the major airlines that operate there.

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airports in Croatia

Dubrovnik airport is about 40 minutes drive from Dubrovnik city centre, but it's very near a lovely town of Cavtat which is a favourite port for superyachts. Trieste is actually in Italy but not far from north Croatia. I don't know this airport but I've driven through Trieste and it's a big sprawling town. I've just done a posting on my blog www.croatiaonline.blogspot.com with links to all the main Croatian airports and most of the major airlines that operate there.

LONDON
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airports in Croatia

we are travelling up the coast in a camper van.

We arrive in zadar on the 14th but flights from there to london are 150quid. the next stop is treiste on the 15th on the way to venezia. the flight from trieste to london is 60quid. So thats why i'm looking to fly from trieste.

i'll have a look at the trieste airport website to see if its easy to get to.

thanks for all the help

p.s. there aren't any other airports near dubrovnik that the discount airlines service are there?