We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia in late March or July of 2010?

El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
410 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Croatia in late March or July of 2010?

Creating a trip to the Dalmatian Coast for 2010. Someone told me that summer (July/August) is a better time to go. However, it's easiest for me to travel and arrive around March 29th. Will I be sorry that I didn't wait until July (i.e. Is the weather that much better in July/August)? Thanks!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia in late March or July of 2010?

Yes, the weather is MUCH better in the Summer if you like the heat and sunny weather. Spring is ok for culture, walking etc but expect rain and wind and temperatures in the 60s (even 50s)

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia in late March or July of 2010?

July and August are very busy. In my opinion the best month is September, if you want water warm enough to swim, or June if you don't mind a bracing swim. Both months generally have warm weather but of course the sea is warmer in September. You will also find that outside the months of June to September, a lot of restaurants and hotels are closed, especially on some of the islands and in small villages. The weather can be great in late March/early April and it is a lovely time for exploring Croatia, especially the National Parks and historic cities, but there's still a risk of the cold north east Bora wind that can make things quite chilly.

Have a look at this posting on my blog …blogspot.com/2009/07/flights-to-croatia-lat… for a list of airport links which might help you plan your flights. I'm afraid the airline links are mostly geared to UK travellers but if you look at the airport sites you will see which airlines fly to each airport. At the bottom of the posting is another link to "Croatia in August" which will give you a better idea of what Croatia is like in August compared with other months.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
50,192 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatia in late March or July of 2010?

I would much rather go in the summer when it is warmer and drier. I think the suggestion of September is a great suggestion, but if you can't do it then, go for July.

El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
410 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Croatia in late March or July of 2010?

Thank you to everyone for their responses!! Unfortunately, it might be that I have to visit in late March and early April next year or not at all (vacation restrictions). I have already visited all over Europe and was looking for a new destination. I'll keep all of your comments in mind. Thanks!

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Croatia in late March or July of 2010?

Maybe you could choose the week before and after Easter. It will be livelier everywhere.

6. Re: Croatia in late March or July of 2010?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2010, 06:16