We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can this be true???

newcastle england
Level Contributor
167 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can this be true???

Hello,

My wife and I are thinking of coming to Croatia in September arriving at Split airport around 19.00 on a Saturday night. I have been looking at hotels in Trogir as it is near the airport but a few of the transfer agents/taxis (ie Resorthoppa)ect are quoting £55 + for a 15 minute journey . It seems a lot of money for a short trip which would cost around £20 here.

Would it be any cheaper getting a taxi from outside the airport?

Would there be buses to Trogir at that time,how long is the journey, and how far is the bus station to the Apartmeni Trogir hotel?

Is Trogir a good base as we would be coming for 7 days but dont really want to be moving from hotel to hotel, and as we are in our mid 50's dont mind a quieter holiday.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies any advice is much apprechiated.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can this be true???

contact Jam transfers for quote (they have it online) and it should not be over 100 kn or cc15 Euros. Buses should still run at that time but you can also see if your accommodation offers the transfer.

Trogir is ok but all depends on what you are looking for. September may be still quite crowded since Trogir is fairly small. I think an island break would be better. Brac island is quite nice and ferries run late into the night so no need to worry if you are coming too late.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,852 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can this be true???

there are busses that meet all the planes. we found a mini bus that was dropping some folks off and he took us into town..not hard at all.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can this be true???

Charley, those buses that meet "all planes" are actually Croatia Airlines buses that take you directly to downtown Split, not to Trogir.

I do know that a public bus runs from downtown Split to Trogir several times during the day and stops at the airport - I took this bus one way. I don't know what the times are, though, and good luck finding tips at the airport itself for finding the bus stop. The stop is a short walk from the (tiny) airport area - I got off the bus from Split at the airport stop and had no trouble finding the airport terminal, of course, but finding that stop on the street coming FROM the airport, weary from the flight and disoriented, might not be the best idea.

4. Re: Can this be true???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2010, 06:19