We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Eastern Europe / May 2010

New Jersey, usa
Level Contributor
98 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
First trip to Eastern Europe / May 2010

My wife and I are planning our first trip to Eastern Europe in mid May, 2010 and spending about 10 days traveling together, and then she will return to NYC and I will travel on alone for about 2 more weeks. My wife is an artist and likes to sketch local scenes and I am a photographer. We have pretty much ruled out Russia, but we are open to the rest of Eastern Europe. We also prefer not to move around too much but spend at least 3-4 nights in each location, using trains as our local mode of transportation. We need to start firming up our itinerary in the next week or so.

Any input, suggestions, comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jim

I have posted this in several Eastern European forums, not knowing which would be best.

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to Eastern Europe / May 2010

Croatia is beautiful. You could go to the coast and have a great sea sunset views, there are many National Parks also, like Plitvice and Krka....

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
40,170 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to Eastern Europe / May 2010

Of course you should go to Croatia...picturesque villages, beautiful coastline, wonderful people. I know there are many places that would be excellent, but Croatia would be at the top of my list. By the way, I don't think that Croatia would be considered Eastern Europe, but that shouldn't stop you from going there.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,740 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to Eastern Europe / May 2010

I'm sure every other forum says Visit Here too. Croatia is lovely and it is eastern Europe in the sense that it was in the communist block. I think Slovenia and Croatia, as the last predominantly Christian (Catholic) countries do feel more western, but 50 years of communism isn't wiped out overnight. Nor is it in the European Union yet.

4. Re: First trip to Eastern Europe / May 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2010, 06:18