We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting exicted about our trip at the end of April

Dunstable...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Getting exicted about our trip at the end of April

We will be arriving in Split on April 24th and leaving Dubrovnik on May 2nd with three nights at each and two days that are flexible but we think we want to spend it on Pelijesac Peninsula and Korcula. We will have a rental car.

I am a bit of a history buff and have plenty of travel books but... I know the travel books don't tell you all the 'things' that you should NOT miss.

I know from Split we must visit Trogir. Is this a full day trip or are there other things in the area we should consider? While on the Pelijesac Penisula, it looks like we shouldn't miss St. Vicenza's Day in Blato, Korcula on April 28th. Should we consider going to Kotor from Dubrovnik?

Hubby and I love to walk in old cities and I don't mind driving. OK, I hate finding parking in old cities. WE are not especially fond of group guided tours but have enjoyed when we have enlisted a private tour person that understood better our wants. We had a top notch person in Bordeaux last fall and very much our day trip St. Emiilion area including several wineries.

SO what do you think? Do you have any suggestions for great local tour guides? Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated and how we found our guide (TA) last fall.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,127 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting exicted about our trip at the end of April

You should be excited because Croatia is a great place to go. I think you should visit Trogir and Krka Falls in a one day trip. With very little time in Dubrovnik I would not spend a day going to Kotor but I would look into going to Mostar along your way to Dubrovnik. Mostar is a great city and remnants from the 90's war are still visible there. I think getting a local guide in Dubrovnik would be a great idea as there is so much history there that you might want to know about firsthand. Have a great trip!

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting exicted about our trip at the end of April

Trogir is ok for one day trip. You could also visit Primosten.

3. Re: Getting exicted about our trip at the end of April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2010, 05:18