We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help on itinerary

Brasil
Level Contributor
25 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
help on itinerary

Hi!

Im going to Croatia on august and have no idea about the itinerary! I have 10 days to go from Dubronik (where i arrive by plane) and Porec (where i leave to Venice by ferry). I wanna rent a car but was thinking about doing so after Dubrovnik because of the parking.... Where to stop to sleep and where to just visit by passing though? And how many days is witch city??? Thanks!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,675 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help on itinerary

I think two days minimum in Dubrovnik to start. I also think you should get to an island on your way north. I would get the car when leaving Dubrovnik and get to Split and take the ferry to either Brac or Hvar and spend a couple of nights there. Spend another night or two in a place like Zadar on your way north and then finish off by staying in a place in Istria like Rovinj or Porec for your last nights. On your way to Zadar from Split stop by at Krka Falls.

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help on itinerary

Slightly differing from barry,

2 days in Dubrovnik

2 days in Split

1 day in Sibenik

1 day in Zadar

1 day at Plitvice

1 day Opatija

1 day in Rovinj &

the night before your ferry in Porec

Brasil
Level Contributor
25 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help on itinerary

Thanks very much. I was thinking of:

1 night in Zagreb, 2 in Dubrovnik, 2 in Hvar, 1 in Split, 1 in Sibenik or Zadar, 1 in Opatija, 1 in Porec.

What do you think?? Which city is best, Sibenik or Zadar?? Didnt like the hotels in Zadar much... Is the visit worth? It would be a very rshy day as we leave split, pass thought trogir and sibenik...

thanks!!

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help on itinerary

The itinerary is good. Sibenik and Zadar are both very nice, don't miss neither.

In Zadar you can sleep at Bastion in the center or in Kolovare if you want to stay near the bus station.

Brasil
Level Contributor
25 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help on itinerary

Hi!!

thanks very much...

i decided to stop in sibenik, zadar, plitvice lakes and opatija. So, between those, witch one i should stop to sleep? I was thinking of zadar and opatija... Is it possible to leave zadar in the morning, spend the day at the plitvice lakes and drive to sleep in Opatija? I mean, is it too much for a day?

i was thinking of staying at the Bristol hotel in Opatija... As i´m brazilian and the euro cost 2,5 my money i can affort just a 4 star hotel...

thanks for the advices!

Mariana

6. Re: help on itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2010, 06:20