We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current air travel

Dunstable...
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Current air travel

WE are hoping for the best since we are scheduled to leave for Croatia on Friday. I see that Split is back open BUT Frankfort (where we land from the States) is still not open.

Hubby and I were a tad worried about prepaid hotel reservations in Split. I called Starwood and they called the hotel directly. IF we need to cancel (can't get there), they will refund our money. One less thing to get stressed about.

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current air travel

fingers crossed that the situation is sorted before friday but every news bulletin seems to carry different predictions of when it will be back to normal,from tuesday to atleast a week

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,398 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current air travel

Try to stay calm and not to worry, it is totally beyond your control. At least you can cancel and have a refund. I feel sorry for the travellers stranded abroad. Keep watching the news, hopefully the situation will improve soon.

Dunstable...
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current air travel

Yes, I too feel bad for the people that are stranded especially those with small children. One thing I learned long ago was to have a special emergency travel fund that we regularly add to. We have never had to use it but it is comforting to have.

Another thing I have learned is to have preferred guest accounts with all the large hotel chains such as Starwood, Hilton, Aclub, Best Western and Leading Hotels of the World. IF you have a problem, they seem to be much happier to deal with you and you can get some nice upgrades and perks too.

Dunstable...
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current air travel

I am happy to say that all of our flights are confirmed with seats. Watch out Croatia, we are arriving on Saturday!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
39,974 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current air travel

Have a great trip Novakc.

Dubrovnik
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Current air travel

Can't wait to meet you next week.

7. Re: Current air travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2010, 05:17