We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long weekend

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Long weekend

We are currently living in Munich and would like to spend a long weekend in Croatia... We can take the bus overnight from munich to either Rijeka, Zadar or Split. Our main aim is to visit a nice beach, maybe on a island!!!

We will have 2 night to spend in Croatia, and would like to choose a place close to one of the towns mentioned above...

Hopefully one day we will have a longer opportunity to explore more of croatia...

Can anyone give me some suggestions???

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long weekend

Hi Zoe

that's alot of travelling for just 2 nights,so with that in mind i'd suggest Rijeka,it being the first place that you'd hit of the 3 places that you mention.Maybe stay in Opatija

Pity that your bus options don't give you anything to Porec,Rovinj or Pula

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Long weekend

thanks for the advise, I know it is a lot of travelling.. maybe I can get some cheap flight tickets to Split? If we fly to Split, what nice beach resort do you recommend???

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long weekend

if you travel in june or july Air Berlin have reasonably priced flights direct to Dubrovnik from Munich.This might be a good option for you as the flight time will be a great many hours less than your journey time by bus

there are no direct flights to Split in june from Munich & both lufthansa & Croatia airlines have very expensive direct flights to there in july

Sorry Zoe,i haven't stayed in Split so can't really comment on nice beach resorts in that area

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long weekend

I suggest a flight and two days in Zadar and surroundings.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,481 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long weekend

If going to Split I would suggest Bol on Brac. Take the catamaran out there and enjoy Zlatni Rat beach.

Rijeka, Croatia
Level Contributor
41 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long weekend

If you don't have any other choice and you have to go by bus, then maybe Rijeka is the best option. From there, you can take a bus and go to Krk island (it takes about 20 min to cross the bridge, and to get to the furthest point-Baska, it takes max 2 hours), or you can go to Crikvenica (sandy beach) or as someone said- Opatija is a nice place with a lot of parks and walking paths, but the beach isn't that nice... However, there are Ryanair flights from Frankfurt to Zadar, if you didn't know...maybe that could work for you!?

7. Re: Long weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2010, 05:17