We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from Ciovo

north tyneside
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport from Ciovo

Hi There,

We are coming to Ciovo in early September for two weeks staying at the Villa Sunrise on the south side of the island. I was wondering what the public transport is like as we dont drive and what anyone would suggest is worth a visit. We have never been to Croatia before. Some of the national parks look beautiful and the historic sights. We like restaurants and bars but also peace and quiet and history and nature. I thought someone might have an address of a tourist office i could email and get some extra information. I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks,

Alexandra

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport from Ciovo

You shouldn't miss Trogir and Split obviously. Near you can get to NP Krka. Rent a car and go around, there are many places to see. Don't stay only on the island.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport from Ciovo

This is the link of bus timetable - you need the Okrug Donji line

www.promet-split.hr/index.php…

For one day trips to Krka National Park, islands of Kornati, Plitvice lakes..... you could contact: info@atlas-trogir.hr

this is the list of agencies:

htz.hr/Hrvatski/…

Zagreb
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport from Ciovo

rent a car. it is worth to see NP Krka, NP Plitvice, Zadar, Šibenik, even Dubrovnik. by public transport could be cheaper to see Trogir, Split and island in front of Split: Brac & Hvar. One day trips also could be good choice if you like sightseeing in groups.

4. Re: Public transport from Ciovo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2010, 07:32