We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodations

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
accomodations

My friend and i were wondering if it is really necessary to book our hotels or appartments in advance. We usually prefer to book on arrival. Thanks

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,315 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodations

I think that all depends on when you are going. If you are going during high season I suggest that you pre book. You could always just show up and find something, but it might not be that great of a place. I do like having the flexibility of not having a place pre-booked, but I think you should get a place beforehand if you are going during busy times.

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodations

I also think booking before travelling is best,if for no other reason than it allows you to read reviews on that accomodation,which should help in making sure that you don't end up in some place substandard

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodations

It easy to find an accomodation in Croatia on the arrival if out of season, if you're coming in July-August, book it in advance.

4. Re: accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2010, 06:17