We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October sunshine?

London, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Topic
October sunshine?

Posting this same topic on a few of the european forums so apologies if you have seen this elsewhere.

Looking to spend a week somewhere in europe for our wedding anniversary. Sunshine is essential and preferably somewhere coastal (although the beach itself is not that important). Any suggestions welcome.

In the process of moving house so looking to do it as cheaply as possible but does this sound possible here or is it too grey and rainy in October?

Many thanks in advance

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,248 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October sunshine?

Do you really expect a poster to give you an accurate answer?

I can only say that it is very possible to have sunny days in the southern Croatia, especially in the first half of the month, but, please, do not blame me if it will be differently.

London, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: October sunshine?

Well no - clearly i'm not expecting the exact forecast. Just a general idea of whta its typically like at that time of year and whether anywhere in croatia meets our requirements for that time of year. Having not been there before I thought it would be useful to ask the question - i certainly wont be blaming you if it ends up raining dont worry!

Zagreb
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: October sunshine?

Hello, my name is Steven Frey and live in Croatia. If you chose an october trip to Croatia, I suggest that you should go to some island, perhaps in southern reggion (Dalmatia) , since it is very likely you will have a pretty much sunny weather all the time. Being a photographer, I have been shooting fashion in October, and remember that on Island of Krk (northern coast) we had a sun, while on the shore everything was covered with clouds.

Of course, there is no guarantee, since God will decide, but let us hope for the best. Anyway, happy anniversary !

Steven Frey

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October sunshine?

Tendencially, the weather is good in October but lately with all these climatical changes, it's very difficult to forecast the weather....

Zagreb
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: October sunshine?

Hello, my name is Steven Frey and live in Croatia. If you chose an october trip to Croatia, I suggest that you should go to some island, perhaps in southern reggion (Dalmatia) , since it is very likely you will have a pretty much sunny weather all the time. Being a photographer, I have been shooting fashion in October, and remember that on Island of Krk (northern coast) we had a sun, while on the shore everything was covered with clouds.

Of course, there is no guarantee, since God will decide, but let us hope for the best. Anyway, happy anniversary !

Steven Frey

6. Re: October sunshine?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2011, 06:17