We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split to Plitvice Lakes by bus-please help!

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Split to Plitvice Lakes by bus-please help!

Please could someone help me regarding transport to Plitvice Lakes as I am very confused! I am hoping to travel from Split on 28th August to the lakes, stay a night at a local hostel and then return to Split on 29th August. However I cannot figure out how to bus system works from Split to Plitvice. Also, how do people reach the parks from local B&Bs...are they walking distance. Thanks for any help, in a bit of a panic as didn't do my research early enough!

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split to Plitvice Lakes by bus-please help!

There is a bus line, don't worry. It connects Split with Zagreb and stops in the National Park.

See the time table here:

www.autobusni-kolodvor.com/kolodvor.aspx…

Everything is reacable by walking, just ask someone for the indications.

Edited: 20 August 2010, 08:45
Sydney
Level Contributor
27 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Split to Plitvice Lakes by bus-please help!

I am in the same situation. That timetable is still very hard to understand!

And it's different to what I found at:

ak-split.hr/EN/…VozniRedOdlazaka.aspx

(when searching for 'Plitvice' as the destination)

I'm so confused and I'm going tomorrow!

Can someone pls simply post the times here?

Can you hop on any bus to Zagreb or do only certain buses from Split to Zagreb stop at Plitvice?

3. Re: Split to Plitvice Lakes by bus-please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 05:18