We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One month in Croatia

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
One month in Croatia

I am in the very early planning stages of a solo trip to Croatia. I am thinking of spending one month there next September and would appreciate advice on the best areas to visit and how long to spend in each place. I would also like to do a side trip to Slovenia whilst in the region. Is it easy to get around as a solo women traveller? I prefer to have several days in each place to really absorb the atmosphere. I enjoy staying in small hotels or B&Bs. What would I need to budget for per day?

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One month in Croatia

It's very difficult to suggest to someone the time to spend in each place. It depends on personal interests and taste for different things that each place can offer. One month is a plenty of time and enought time to see all the principal towns and attractions.... Pula, Pazin, Rovinj, Zadar, Split, Sivenik, Dubrovnik, National Parks Krka, Plitvice, Zagreb... you can visit the most important islands, like Hvar, Brac, Krk...

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,017 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One month in Croatia

Agreed that is difficult to suggest a plan for one month. I think you should just fly into Dubrovnik and work your way up to Slovenia and stay in places as long as you want. That means you would go without getting room reservations in advance, but I think you could get by with it.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,017 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One month in Croatia

I should have also said....lucky you to spend a whole month in Croatia!!!!!!

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
692 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One month in Croatia

Hi Bali, I think you should first get your flights sorted out and then you can make really nice program. From this forum you have probably seen that there are MUST visit places, like beautiful cities, so you can try to combine your trip creating nature versus culture type of trip, since we have many national parks in between those cities. Therefore, first the flight and then comes the rest.

Regarding accommodation, this year we have been fully booked in Dubrovnik for example even in September, so it's always wise to book in advance, especially since you have so much time at your disposal. And, as you go planning you can always come back to this forum and consult. Hope it helps,good luck with your planning!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One month in Croatia

Thanks so much for your responses.Cheers BaliHaiBrighton

6. Re: One month in Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2011, 06:28