We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most beautiful island?

London
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Most beautiful island?

Hi - hope you can help.

My husband and I are spending a few days in Zadar next July but want to stay an extra week.

We are quite keen to stay on one of the islands. What we'd really like to know is:

Which has the best beaches? Cyrstal blue waters, sand etc

Is it easy to get to the islands from Zadar?

Any superior hotel recommendations?

Many thanks!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most beautiful island?

Tough one! Many islands surrounding Zadar (over 150 of them...) are unique in many aspects. Since looking for beaches ( I assume sand) I would recommend Dugi Otok and Saharun beach as the most beautiful in Croatia. Other than that, if not interesting in traveling to "remote" island like Dugi Otok, Ugljan and Pasman islands - just across the channel from Zadar - are also great places with numerous sand beaches. All islands are easy to get to from Zadar and just check Jadrolinija web page for summer time table (should be up after New Years)

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most beautiful island?

Croatia does not have many sandy beaches - which is why most of them are so stunning. If that is a priority you will need to choose carefully.

3. Re: Most beautiful island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2011, 06:21